* My life is amazing right now. I just feel overwhelmed with joy. It is easy for the pain to flood in and bring me down though. So trying to hang on to all the good things in my life. Remind myself that I have super fantastic support system in my life between friends, Master and professionals in my life such as my doctor and therapist. Hanging on to the joy and working to get the pain more under control. Plus having an abundance of joy.
* I got new glasses....first time I have worn glasses in at least 15 years. I joked with the eye doctor that even though Colorado doesn't seem to mind me not having a glasses while driving....I do. :) I had been driving more and didn't like not being able to read signs ahead.
* I am obsessed with Downton Abbey right now. I have watched season 1 and 2 several times and just hang on every episode - captivated. I got Master hooked on them too. I mean he isn't obsessed like I am, but really enjoys the series too.
* I took on job via Master's business that he had a conflict with and I didn't want it to go to another company so I offered to do it. So it is my project, but it has been an experience as I am doing things out of my box of comfort. It has been a good for me though. I had an appointment with the group this week and it went really well. So made me feel more confident in how I am doing in the project. Still scary, but I know in the long run it is good for me to be doing this.
* 2013 has been artful and creative for me. I am reading a book about poetry (something I have never tried my hand at before) and I am having fun playing with words. Besides the poetry, I have many other fulfilling creative ideas and projects taking up my time. I can't imagine not having them going on now and want to explore them further. I hope to really push my creativity and art in 2013.
* My parents came for a visit at the beginning of January for several days. I have never seen my Dad so relaxed. He is retired now and it is agreeing with him. My Mom retired right before they left on this trip so she is still having some issues on the thought of not working again. My father and I have always had issues relating to each other. I long to be accepted for me by Dad. That will never happen, but there is that little piece of me that always holds out hope. Anyway it is easy for me to take things very personally with my Dad so this time while he was here, I used Byron Katie's The Work and it helped me not take things personally so that I didn't create negative issues playing on repeat in my head. Which of course created a much more relaxed visit instead of being so stressed with everything.
* Really this is a pretty vanilla life update, but even though all this good vanilla stuff is going on in my life...my foundation with Master is really good too as Owner/property - Master/slave. Next week we will celebrate 10 years together on this journey and I was discussing with my therapist my relationship with Master - which she knows nothing about the M/s but does know about the poly. She was commenting on how solid Master and I are. She also finds it interesting because I am very insecure in myself often and other relationships like with my parents, but with Master, I am so secure in our relationship. I know that we can get through any challenge that comes our way and I don't feel threatened or insecure about the poly or the time he puts into the business. She just feels we have have a very strong healthy and secure relationship I agree even with the parts she is missing...the M/s. I feel extremely blessed to be Master's slave and walk this path with him and have fantastic relationship.