I was reading this "5 Ways to Love Yourself Completely - Right Now" and I realize that they are just good in general but as a person in service and placing in context of serving they work really well too. The author Jess Weiner goes into each one with a little paragraph but I am just sharing the 5 ways and then my thoughts.
1. Forgive -One of the things she says is forgive yourself. I know I don't do that enough. I hang on to my mistakes for a long time even little ones that I know Master probably isn't even thinking about - I still am not forgiving myself for making a mistake. Earlier in the week we ran a lot of errands and I only brought a few reusable shopping bags so we didn't have enough by the time we got into the last place. So had to use the store ones. I didn't beat myself up for that but Master is big on making sure you tie those plastic grocery store sacks so things dont' fall out and roll around in the back of the car. I forgot to tie them and they had round cans in them so when took the first corner - out they all came rolling around the back. Master got out at the stop light and tied the bags. I have been beating myself up about this little mistake since. It was a little mistake...I should get over it. Forgive myself and move on.
2. Take Small Steps of Action - "Get out of your head and into your life." is one quote from the text. I have so much in my head that it stops me from trying and moving forward. I just need to take even a small step of action.
3. Practice Daily Grace - I really liked what she had to say about Practicing grace. Those mistakes I talked about in #1 that I hang on to - well they are taking up space that could be used for other more important things. Ms. Weiner says to practice daily grace so that it is like a muscle. I like to call muscle memory. It just becomes a part of you the more you use it.
4. Pay attention to your Body - I know I am much better at this then I was when I was younger. I now can tell when my body needs rest or when things are wrong. But when I was serving in the Poly Household - I often pushed myself and didn't listen to my body trying to tell me that I was pushing to hard.
5. Make Friends with Patience and Progress - All of these are linked of course and #3 and this one are especially close. If you are practicing daily grace then you will be able to more easily make friends with patience and progress. To see your growth in even small things and allowing yourself mistakes as they help us learn and grow.
You can get the 5 Ways to Love Yourself Completely by Jess Weiner on her website. You have to fill in your email address and she emails them to you.