Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Quote...

I reread this passage several times today....I relate to it in many ways. It is in regards to a character in the book, Mikhail, is saying the more you tell your own life story...the more you become free of the past. And this is a quote about it.

"It's not my story anymore: whenever I speak about the past now, I feel as if I were talking about something that has nothing to do with me. All that remains in the present are the voice, the presence, and the importance of fulfilling my mission. I don't regret difficulties I experienced; I think they helped me to become the person I am today, I feel the way a warrior must feel after years of training; he doesn't remember the details of everything he learned, but he knows how to strike when the time is right." ~ from The Zahir by Paulo Coelho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...