Friday, October 27, 2006

6 Years of Blogging...

It has been 6 years of blogging! I want to thank everyone that reads my blog...sends me emails, comments and such. You are all wonderful! You also help me in my journey....Thank you!

And I am going to end with my traditional piece from
The Velveteen Rabbit:
"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you..."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful.

"When you are Real, you don't mind being hurt...It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Here's to 6 more wonderful years of peaking into your life.

    --luna

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! p.s. i love that quote from the Velveteen Rabbit :)

    *shen*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogging anniversary danae. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary--I love that book

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very belated blogging anniversary, danae. I've been a stranger lately, but just wanted to say your words never fail to warm my heart. May love continue to shine through everything you write.

    ~hugs~

    orchidea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy "words" anniversary. Keep becoming real...

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes! I am so glad I started blogging years and years ago. And it has always made me be true to myself...keeping it real. I am so glad you all are out there blogging. When I first started there weren't very many lifestyle oriented bloggers out there. Now I am surrounded by wonderful people full of passion and wisdom. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...