Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Slavery and Politics

Someone asked me if I just get to vote how I want to...this is something I wrote elsewhere when I was first with Master:

When Master I were starting to get to know each other, politics is one area that I asked him about because I wanted to know if our views meshed. I lived with someone before who was owned me and our political views often didn't mesh and it really tore me apart times. So politics was one area I wanted to find someone that I was compatible with in politics. We talked and we were compatible. Master has a political science degree and love politics. So he was more educated in politics then I but we did share alike views. He told me if I became his because he does have a passion for politics that I would vote but that I would research and educate myself. And if he felt I was making an informed decision then he probably would let me vote my way. Now that said....most of the time my informed decision is exactly how he would vote so he does see me as his second vote. If he felt I wasn't making an informed decision he would tell me who to vote for or maybe not have me vote at all - but again he sees me as his second vote.

Now ALL that said...Master could change and that is the reality. People do change and someday he might decide to be a conservative (trying not to laugh as I say that as it such an strange thought). And he might decide that he just tells me how to vote no matter if I educate myself or not. He might just say go vote for all these conservatives and I would have to because when I became his I knew the deal.

But again as I said Master is very passionate about politics and likes that we can discuss them together and then go vote together.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he has you do some research before voting. No major elections around here though. Politics is not my strong point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I always researched a little but not nearly as much as I do now with a man as passionate about politics as Himself is....I just could not help but be inspired to really get into it. Politics has never been my strong point either. But I am not far more able to carry a conversation on about it then I was (almost) 4 years ago. And it actually interests me more now too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...