Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting Day

Today we went and voted and then had lunch out. After we went and looked at houses. I felt kind of lack luster on the houses we looked at...only because I think I have such an image in my head. When we came home, I did a few things around here before we had dinner and were/are glued to CNN.

Oh our voter machines were pretty slick. But I am sure still have faults. But as you voted on the screen it printed out on paper right next to you so you could see it.

I am just so disappointed in all the votes against domestic partnerships and the vote for making marriage one man and one woman here in Colorado.

Yay on the house!

Virgina wow...close.
Missouri still waiting on.
Montana still waiting on.

Back to CNN and Master and our kitty cats all snuggled up on the couch.

3 comments:

  1. The suspense is killing me. I want the Senate. We will probably have to wait for recounts and I'll just bet the Republicans fight harder and dirtier then Gore or Kerry did.

    Glad you got to stay up and snuggle, me I had to rush to bed at 11:00.

    Best,
    -Avid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about those voting machines, we don't have them. What happens with the paper printout? How do you know that the printout really reflects the registered vote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avid, I read an article where Allen and Burns aren't going to do recounts because the republicans are nervous it would reveal that they rig voting machines. So they urged Burns and Allen just to let it go.

    For the voting machines we handed them cards with our name, address and such on them. They looked us up on computers, but had these little machines next to them...that they plugged a cartridge into that recorded my info. So then we took the cartridge and went to the actual voting machine, plugged that in and then the ballot came up on the voting machine. Attached to the machine right next to it was the printer - that looked almost like a cash register receipt (but not one that you can rip off it was feeding into another box). So when you pressed the name of the candidate you were voting for it would print the name of who you voted for with a yes next to it. When you were done with the ballot, it asked you to go over it. Anything you didn't vote for it reminded you of that...and asked if you really wanted to confirm your ballot with missing entries. After you hit confirm, it printed the printed it out again...the completed ballot (in case of changes) and a barcode with all my voting info stored in it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...