Tuesday, April 17, 2001

part of a dream



It was our first day in Colorado. I had always wanted to show her one of my favorite places and we got the chance and took it. We had lots of fun...walking the little town and looking in all the shops. I bought her a necklace. It was carved stone interlocking vines. It was us. She did not get a chance to see that I had bought it as she was looking at other things.

We went walking through the shops and came across this little restaurant very romantic. It was right next to the river and had soft lighting and sitting on the balcony that overlooked the river and mountains.

We ordered dinner and talked and laughed. I looked into her eyes and I saw so much of what I wanted with her. And hoped that it would always be like it is in this moment. I slipped my hand into the bag with the necklace, pulled the box out that had bow around it...and slide it across the table to her.

She looked at me and then to the box. She smiled and said coyly, "for me?"

I smiled and nodded and the said "open it up..."

She tugged on the bow and the ribbon fell to the table. She pulled the lid back and peeked inside. I saw her eyes flicker up to me. I saw tears. She gulped them back though. She hates to cry even good tears.

"You..." she started a sentence and I stopped her.

"I wanted too...”

I picked it up out of the box and stood up, went over and slipped the necklace around her head letting it fall to gently dangle around her neck. She picked up the pendent. Her fingers went over it and over it like she trying to engrain the pattern into her so that it was a part of her. But I knew it was from the moment I saw it…it was a part of us.

I leaned over right there in front of everyone and kissed her deeply. I whispered close to her ear so that she could feel the words move through her....."I love you."

Just a snippet of a dream I had....there is more to it that I hope to write up…

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...