Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Monday Memory

Do you remember the first record you ever bought? Was it vinyl? Cassette? CD? Album... single...?
What was it.. are you ashamed to admit that you bought that? Do you even still own it!?
Please share.


The first record I bought was The Kinks -Give The People What They Want. It was vinyl. It was a record album. I am not ashamed I bought it but I am ashamed that I lent it to someone and she never returned it. I bought it because I was at a friend’s house and she went in and borrowed a record from her older brother. I remember her always seeming to be into some great music and I think it was a lot to do with her older brothers. And after listening to it – then I went out and bought it. I had not bought a record before. I had always been given them or begged my Mom to buy them for me.

Tuesday This-n-That
1. Cats or dogs? Dogs even though Master has cats
2. Butterflies or birds? butterflies
3. Horses or cows? Cows…that is just for Ray. :)
4. Turtles or snakes? turtles
5. Frogs or grasshoppers? frogs
6. Lions or tigers? Lions
7. Elephants or mice? Elephants for sure…I have a great fear of mice
8. Porcupines or aardvarks? aardvarks
9. Unicorns or dragons? dragons
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You live in a rather dumpy apartment. A friend offers you a chance to be a roommate at a new place s/he is moving into, but they don't allow pets. You have a pet. Do you find your pet a new home and take the new place, or do you keep your pet and stay put? I stay put.

Friday Five
1. What do you most want to be remembered for? being understanding...being creative, a good friend...that is a question I have never asked myself so that is just off the top off of my head.
2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life? "A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . . Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times, as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use." -- Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan
3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year? Finding happiness as Master’s willing captive : )
4. What about the past ten years? Being brave enough to leave the safety of my life in Kansas to go after what my heart desired….so that I could be the person I knew I needed to be
5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say? I would tell them to follow their heart. My heart has given me understanding, given me perserverence and courage and so much more. So following your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...