Saturday, June 14, 2003

This week has been a good week. We have had a lot of good quality time just for us as well as doing some minor little projects around the house. That has been nice.

Today Master is taking me downtown. There is going to be an Art & Jazz Festival with a Chalk Sidewalk Art contest. Master is bringing His digital camera and I am going to ask Him if I can post some of the pictures He takes to my website with the link here. Sunday we will probably have to pull weeds again before they get bad.

Last time we pulled weeds we were sitting in the midst of His yard and 2 young men dressed in dress pants, white dress shirts and ties come up and say do you need help. They were Mormons. And I am sorry…I just don’t like that they go door to door. Religion should not have to be sold. It should touch people, to me, individually. And then “what” they say always seems to tick me off. Anyway, Master was very lighthearted, but I think I scared them off lol

They said “don’t you want to know the truth?” I asked them if they have ever researched other religions such as Buddhism, Judaism and Catholicism. Basically implying how do they know what they are saying is the truth if they have only taken in what they are told. I said I know the truth. I said spirituality is individual to me and I have found the truth that is for me.

I believe spirituality comes to people in different ways and touches people differently. So my next door neighbor might believe in the same things I do but how that came to her/him would probably be different.

I know religions have all different rules but when you break them down to basics…many believe the same thing. Like the golden rule – treat others how you want to be treated. That rule is in many religions…said differently a lot of the time but the intent and meaning is there.

Treat others how you want to be treated is something I try to get keep in mind always. Also a big quote I live my life by is, "A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . . Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times, as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use." -- Carlos Castaneda

I would really like to do a lot more work with my spirituality. I would like to learn more about Buddhism then I know now. I need to meditate more. I would love to learn more about chakras and herbs for healing.

But I am straying off topic…the Mormon boys got scared by me lol And left us to pull weeds all on our own. Don’t you think if they really wanted to “convert” me – they would have got down on the ground and pulled some weeds? lol

Okay off the pulling weeds topic….I should be getting ready to go out and spend a great weekend with Master. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...