Sunday, November 06, 2005

Q&A Meme

I asked here if anyone wanted to ask me anything...totally anonymously and here are some questions I received...by the way if anyone still has something they want to ask please feel free.

What is your favorite meal to cook? I think it would have to be thanksgiving! I asked this question of someone else and she said something about how it used to intimidate her and I was the same way....it scared me. I remember the first time I made it was when I was married and his parents, my parents and my grandmother were coming so I was very nervous but everything turned out. I was amazed how it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It is just time consuming but worth it....as thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals also.

What are a few foods you absolutely hate and won't eat? Oh brussel sprouts, liver, pork rinds, bleu cheese, cooked peas and carrots on their own but together they are yummy! I know I am picky and weird!

Name something you can't do but would like to do? knit...I am left handed and so far I have not been able to find anything that helps me figure it out. I found left handed directions once but they still did not make sense to me.

Was there anything as a child you really really wanted but never got? If so then what? I am the oldest of 3 girls...and our family was not poor but we were not rich either. I wanted clothes that others would wear...designer clothes and I didn't get those unless I bought them myself through saving up birthday money and baby sitting money then I could get them but even then it was a bit of a fight as my Mom just didn't see the need for something I would be growing out of as I was tall girl that just did not seem to stop growing until I reached high school.

If you alone could make and enact one law what would it be and why? I think right now it feels like the USA is having lots of freedoms taken away...with the patriot act, obscenity laws and so on. So I guess I would want a law that would allow more freedom....because it just feels like we are having a lot of freedoms taken away.

If you could stop one type of natural disaster from ever happening again what would it be? {Natural as in tornado's, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunami's, fires started naturally such as by lightening, droughts, etc...} There are so many to choose from and I wish I could stop them all. Hurricanes of course is what came to mind first with it being so destructive recently. And so I guess that is what I would pick.

What is one thing {not a specific person} you enjoy more than most anything else in life? and why? creating art because it is very fulfilling.

If you could end world hunger or end wars which would you choose and why? world hunger....again hard to chose but I guess the pessimist in me says that even though I magically wave a wand and it ends wars -- that it won't that there will always be people that will fight. but for some reason ending hunger to me seems more realistic.

What do you miss about Ohio? I miss my friends.

Why don't you like your feet touched? It I believe goes to the tickling too...I can't stand to be tickled...I pretty much freak out. And the same goes with my feet...I hate having them touched. I am sure it goes back to my childhood and the abuse as he often used tickling as a way to "touch" -- so that is why I don't like my feet touched.

Why don't you use your real name online? Because my real name is unusual enough that if someone -- such as my parents or Master's co-workers -- did a search for Michael and my real name -- we would probably be one of the few people that came up. And so I go by danae - which really does fit me.

Do you have a guilty pleasure? Oh yes and it is about to start up again...Project Runway! It is a guilty pleasure. I caught on to it last season -- late -- actually they were doing one of those marathons after the season had ended and it was like the 3rd or 4th in the series....I was cleaning house and had it on and started to get hooked! so by the 6th I was pretty much recording them so I could watch them later fully! Well it is about to start back up again December 7th! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...