Friday, February 01, 2008

Yes!

One of my favorite vanilla blogs wrote an incredibly beautiful post about the word yes several years ago. Before that post I had always liked the word yes for many of the reasons she stated but when I read what she wrote -- of course I paid attention to yes much more. This blogger was a school teacher and when grading papers if someone really wrote something that got to her as a human not just a teacher she wrote yes with an underline. Life has those moments you know...those moments when your soul shouts yes!

5 years ago I said yes in that way. I have told this story many times over the last 5 years and of course I will again...

I remember it so clearly. I feel the intensity of the moment. Master just pulled a chain out of his pocket and put it around my neck...and locked it in place. No words. He didn't tell me that he was going to do this. He didn't ask me. He just claimed me.

It was a yes moment because it Yes this is it. Yes He owns me. Yes this is right for the first time in my life. Yes...yes...yes!

This last 5 years has been so many moments of yes.

    Yes to the moments of Him slipping that chain around my neck and locking it in place and knowing how privileged I am to be His.

    Yes to those moments of snuggled on the couch watching a movie and laughing at the same time or even being touched by the same line.

    Yes to Him helping and supporting me in so many dreams. And Him allowing me to do the same for Him.

    Yes to the day trips that create wonderful laughter, conversation and just a sharing that I cherish.

    Yes to Him wrapping His hand in my hair and bring my eyes to met His....seeing that connection.

    Yes to the kisses, hugs and dancing for no reason but to touch each other.

    Yes to the feeling so alive when we look at each other.

    Yes to the faith in each other that is always steadfast.


    Yes to the hard times for allowing us to see how far our relationship can go - together.

    Yes to the creativity that we energize in each other.


    Yes to our passion for this path we are on.

I could go on and on with yes moments. I am just very thankful for each and everyone of them. I am very thankful I have someone in my life that helps me create and see YES!

Thank you Master for the last 5 years....thank you for making me Yours....I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...