- Butternut Squash-Apple Soup and Squash Casserole - with gardens producing a variety of vegetables Jouet shares 2 squash recipes.
- Stuffed Pasta Shells - Having a huge pile of spinach I looked to see what I could make with it and turned to a classic
- July having 5 weeks gave us 5 Friday Favorites posts.
- The Perfect Burger - Jouet shares an article from the NY Time on to make the perfect burger
- Flag Folding - Several links on flag folding
- Organization and Freebies - Princess Mandy shares a list of useful links for organization.
- When Fate Hands You A Lemon, Clean With It - kaya shares some tips about lemons from Frugal Families
- The American Historic Cookbook Project - katie posts an amazing link that gives a collection of old cookbooks scanned and available to browse via PDF
- What to Drink with What you Eat - I think this is an essential book for those of us serving but also those of us that enjoy wine.
- Betty Crocker Cookbook - review of a classic
- The Flavor Bible - The title fits this book perfectly. It is a book that helped me become a better cook.
Special Interest/Assorted/Random posts:
- Making House guests Comfortable and Welcome - Essay I wrote for Simply Service about things to do to make your house guests relaxed and enjoy their stay with you
- Jouet, kaya and myself answer a question sent to us by a reader - Tackling your to-do list by Jouet, What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do by kaya and Getting Started by me
- A Month of Menus - I share as the title suggests a month of menus
- Packing Lunch - katie shares her plan for packing lunch and also shares a recipe