Monday, September 01, 2003

The Buddha compared people to four kinds of clay vessels. One type of vessel has holes in the bottom. We can pour in as much water as we like and it runs right out. When this type of person hears the Dharma, it goes in one ear and out the other. The second type of vessel has cracks. Though we pour in the Dharma, it seeps out slowly until the vessel is empty again. The third vessel is full to the brim with stale water--views and opinions. One can't pour anything new in, everything is already known. The only useful vessel is the fourth, without holes or cracks and totally empty. -Ayya Khema, "Be an Island"

I really like that...I have liked a lot of quotes that come from "Be an Island" Maybe it is a book I should look into. I guess it reminds me of the Cracked Pot .

We went and got new living room furniture. It was something that we needed and we kept kind of kicking around. And with Master's surgery coming up it was something we thought about more because His couch was is really bad and it is one those couches you sit "in" and I have in - in quotes because it means "in the couch" instead of "on the couch." You sink into it because it is so old. Help is needed when getting out of...which would be IMPOSSIBLE for Master when healing from surgery. But after we found out how much Master's surgery was going to cost we had to put it out of our minds. We decided we would live with what we have until far in the future because Master's insurance SUCKS big time! Just as we did that...here comes a flyer in the mail for a furniture store in the area...3 years no interest 1 year no payments....SOOOOOO it was like the universe was telling us get it now. It really was a matter of a day or so when that happened. It was kind of an odd coincidence. So now we have on order a new sofa, new chair and ottoman, and end table. It was pretty good prices too. We got a new microfiber couch, chair and ottoman that is kind of a creamy/light khaki color. (this was the closest I could find to what we bought.) It is very pretty.

I am already having visions of making pillows...maybe a couple of leather ones. :) Oh and new curtains....when we get all my stuff from Bill and Lisa's I will have my sewing machine. I am looking forward to getting started with lots of home projects when we get back....painting, sewing and building some furniture.

Yesterday was a very lazy day here. I made french toast for breakfast. I tried a new recipe - but switched after doing 4 pieces that way because they were falling apart - so I went back to my recipe which Master said He prefers. We ended the evening with Master putting a rope harness on me. Master has not been a big rope fan, but I think after He saw the rope harness on me last night - He could see the possibilities with rope. He then did some flogging on me too. That was nice. We broke in the new bunny flogger. Master broke the last one *smiles*

It had been a long time since we played and my pain tolerence was almost null and void. But I did get through it. And liked it...feeling pain again.

Today was our anniversary - we had a nice day. I got a NEW Teddy Bear! We have been looking for one, but had not found one that said, "yes take me home." This one did. I have named him Fitz. I am breaking tradition and not naming him a name that starts with a vowel. He is very soft and cuddly and has the qualites I was looking for. :) We went to a winery today. We got a couple bottles of wines for some one we are going to stop and see in Kansas City. The Gewurztraminer was the one that I liked the best of what I have had from there. There are a lot of wineries in this area. They have a Colorado Wine Fest in the area.

We have lots to be doing this week....as on Saturday we leave for our trip to Ohio. I am looking forward to seeing all my friends and introducing them to Master. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...