Monday, January 26, 2004

Ohio Trip Part 2

Sunday after dropping Master off at the airport I headed back to Moni's. We just hung up and recuperated from the weekend activities. On Monday we had a full day starting with lunch with a bunch of our friends. It was nice…one of those really LONG girl talk lunches. I really enjoyed seeing everyone and having a chance to sit down and chat with them longer then I was able to as SMART Fest.

Then after lunch we headed out to another friend in the lifestyle. One of the speakers at SMART Fest was giving readings. And so we headed there…I did not get a reading (but would like one someday) but hung out and chatted with the woman that was hosting the speaker in her home. And then the female Dominant I respect and admire came out there to hang and talk with me. It was icky snowing out so I was thankful she ventured out for me.

Tuesday morning Moni and I had errands to run. She gave a dinner party that night so we needed things for evening. The party went very well. We had a really good meal with good company. And the "entertainment" was EXCEPTIONAL : )

Things I noticed:
1) I don't know how to pour wine and realized I have never poured wine before because Master always is the one that pours it LOL
2) I am able to pull off polite oh so well - joke that some will understand…Moni and Master will at least.
3) Don't put the Alfredo sauce on the pasta until JUST before you serve so that it does not soak all into the pasta.
4) I need to practice serving more. I just am so used to dishing up the plates in the kitchen and bring to the dinning room for us - but doing it in front of others at a table is much harder for me.
5) I like the way f*ck was said that night
6) Also wear shorter sleeves and not bell sleeves when serving food
7) I miss Moni -- not that I did not know that but I miss our girl girl time. I miss having that time to talk with her, hug, laugh and cry with her.

And then Wednesday we hung out talked more and then she did a tarot reading on me before we got ready to go to the airport. My tarot reading was calm, balanced….feet planted firmly on the ground and in reality. That I still have some dreams and that Master is working on making them come true. It was the first time every that I had such reading that was so full of balance and calmness. I am in a good place with Master : )

I was sad to leave Moni's but very thankful that we were able to spend some time together. The flight home was okay. But they decided to combine 2 flights and that delayed the schedule for the plane to take off and also land. They did not tell us until right before we were loading the plane that our flight number had changed. So Master did not have the right one and I had no way to tell Him. But I did not worry about it too much, as Master's occupation requires Him to "figure things out" so I knew He would find me. Unfortunately that did cause a few problems as the airlines did not want give Him the new flight number after He figured out what was going on. And that is totally stupid because even though it is my name on the ticket it His name on the bill that showed He paid for it. So you would think they would just verify that info again and give Him the information. He had to drive to the airport to get the info.

We landed almost 2 hours late. When we got into the terminal Master was there waiting for me with a red rose. :) And then when we got in the car He had a diet coke for me (the airline we flew serves pepsi products and I am a diet coke addict) and also a box from amazon too. It had Seasons 1 - 4 of Buffy. Back in October for my birthday told me I could use my birthday money however I wanted. Well, I horded it away for a while not sure what I wanted and then I told him I wanted the Buffy set. So while I was gone He ordered it and it got there the day I came home so that was a nice surprise too.

It was just so nice to be in His arms again though. I love the way He makes me feel when I am with Him.

It is good to be home. :)

Okay what else am I forgetting to talk about…

Oh Master and I practiced some questions before we left for Ohio that we thought people might ask us in our presentation. And none of them were asked LOL

We were asked good questions, but there were 2 that I was asked multiple times in the presentation and outside of it also.

The two questions asked the most surprised me….

Number one asked question what do I do all day? - - Now before I go on…I really want people to always ask what they want to ask me. I am very open and like sharing my experiences and life with others. So I am glad people feel free to ask me what they want. This question though surprised me because I felt like they were saying, "well you are just a housewife - don't you run out of things to do?" And I don't - there are ALWAYS things to do. I am not bored. Or they think I am a captive slave - locked in a cage and isn't that boring after a while. The title of our presentation was "Living the Lifestyle within Reality" - We are not about 24/7 bondage, S&M, sex. I am sure to most people - vanilla or not - I look like a housewife. Most of our protocols are invisible to the vanilla world. And actually for the most part invisible to the BDSM community because they expect them to be more overt and they aren't. We try to live our life as we would always - in the vanilla world or not.

The next question that was asked a lot was if we live out far from civilization. Now I might make it seem like that, but we live in a city and in a neighborhood. We have elderly neighbors on either side of us. We don't do 24/7 bondage, S&M and sex again. They might hear moaning or such from our house, but most likely not as they are elderly - hard of hearing and in bed when we play. We just live life…we have neighbors and I am not paraded in front of them in bondage or anything like that. We don't do daily S&M or bondage. Our life again is very vanilla looking from the outside…but we have the foundation of a power exchange. Master controls and has the power and I serve and obey and that is ALL that is needed for a power exchange….no need for rope or cuffs or anything else.

Here we thought people would ask us….
What is our foundation?
What is the one thing that we did not expect going from LDR to 24/7?
What is one thing you love the most about being a Master? a slave?
What is the one thing we hate?
Is there anything we would change if we could?
What is a power exchange?
What type of relationship we have?
And none of those were asked. But again Katrina was not in the class *smiles* those are the types of questions she asks. :) (and that is a good thing Katrina)

I did see that people were highly intrigued by our dynamics. But I am not sure I understand why because to me we seem like a lot of other couples. Master works outside the house, I work inside the house, we have bills, trash to take out, yard work, toilets overflowing, laundry, and so on and so forth. We do S&M and sex, but that is not our focus. Our focus is the power exchange and that to me is very invisible to most people around us vanilla or not.

Okay what else...
I read a post on D/s Creations that I really enjoyed because it said a lot of what I have felt, went through and believe in a lot of what she is writing about…..go check it out.

This weekend I started my period and I am really really not handling things very well right now. I feel really bitchy. And I don't normally feel bitchy. I just out of it and off. I mean there is things that get to me faster but this month I feel down right bitchy. And it has been hard to contain things. And I am not doing a good job at containing things. And maybe that is because my hormones have really been off - having my period for 14 days.

I will be doing a journal entry on Discipline verses Punishment next so that will be coming up tomorrow or the next day.

I would like to hear what others think about this...."There is no 'Need', only 'Want'. You don't 'Need' to breath, unless you 'Want' to live." I have seen it floating around here and there - no name on who said it originally but for some reason it does not sit well with me and would like to hear others thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...