Saturday, January 31, 2004

Music: silence today
Mood: pretty good
Topics: Interview Questions, Week Update, Anniversary musings


Interview Questions from Jen

1. Do you and your Sir have one special symbol, music piece, or something like that which means something significant to you and he. If so, what is it, and what does it mean to you both? If you don't... would you want one?

Yes it is the one I post on my journal often. Feels Like Home by Chantel Kreviazuk. For our 5th month anniversary I printed it out with graphics and such and we framed it and hangs in the dining room.

2. If you had to go on the TVFoodNetwork to do a cooking show and had to pick one recipe that you cook fantastically... what would that be and please share the recipe with the rest of us *G*

First, I would never want to be on TV making a recipe....icky…I am sure I would get stage fright and screw up. But lets see…I guess I would probably make Cream Puffs. As it is something I like to make and everyone always likes.

Cream Puffs
1 cup water
½ cup margarine or butter
1 cup all purpose flour
4 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat water and margarine to a rolling boil in a 2-½ quart saucepan. Stir in flour; reduce heat. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth. Drop dough by scant ¼ cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool away from draft. Cut off top one-third of each puff and pull out any filaments of soft dough. Fill puffs with chocolate cream filling. Replace tops and dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate any remaining puffs. 12 cream puffs.

Chocolate Cream Filling

1 ¼ cup sugar
½ cup flour
3 cups whole milk
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
4 egg yolks
3 tbls butter
1 ½ tsp. vanilla

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk and chocolate. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks. Return to heat and cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool before adding to cream puff.

3. Growing up little girls have all sorts of hopes and dreams... did you have a hope or dream that has turned into a reality for you as an adult? If so, what was it, and how has it manifested itself in your adult life?

Yes, being an artist and selling some of my art was one dream and yes that has happened, but I still don't feel I am where I want to be with my art. I have had many dreams realized…more are just grown-up dreams.

4. If you could have dinner with any one famous, or infamous person, from any time period... who would it be? Why would you choose them? and what would you serve them?

An artist I think….so many to chose from though…Frida Kahlo, Kathy Kollwitz, Marc Chagall, John William Waterhouse, Gustav Klimt, George Grosz, Picasso.

But it is only one, so I guess, right now it would have to be Frida Kahlo because she is a fascination with me at this time. I believe not only would she have some very insightful things to say about her art and art in general, but her life seemed very interesting. So her stories of her life would be really incredible to hear about. Right now my brain is focused on the dinner I am making for Master for our 1 year anniversary - so I guess that is what keeps coming to mind. A salad to start with balsamic vinegar and then Herb and Salt Crusted Roast, Red Potatoes Roasted with onions and herbs, and a sinful dessert…layers of cream cheese and chocolate.

Okay so Master being the smarty-pants He is….says after He reads my answer to this question. Well, Frida speaks in Spanish so you guys would not be able to talk!

Last but certainly not least...

5. What five items would you put in a time capsule to leave behind so that future generations would be able to tell something about who you were and what you were about?

One of my journal's maybe one with drawings in it as well as written words - a picture of Master and I - Ellington (a Teddy Bear of mine) - a mix cd - The Valkyries by Paulo Coehlo

Update of Life

I suffered from migraines 2 days this week it was not fun. I know it is just from hormonal changes. On Friday we had someone come inspect our furnance - it was a free inspection. Free is good. Right about the time they were suppose to get here - there was a knock on the door. It was 2 people people trying to "sell their religion." And that really gets on my nerves. I calmly said that they might as well go to the next house. They said "why?"...I said, "because I have my own beliefs." Which then the next question from them was, "oh don't you believe in Jesus?" And I said again, "I have my own beliefs..." and went on to tell that I wished they did not come to our house. And told them I was closing the door. And that is what I did.

So then there was a knock about 3 minutes later and it was the heating service person.....I was on the phone with Master telling Him about it. He thinks I give them a hard time - but He laughs about it. Master is so nice chit chatty with them. And for some reason I see them and instantly get peeved.

This week was kind of down for me with my period and the migraines. But Master did spank me the other night. It was very nice and very relaxing for me. Master has been really patient with me this week and I am very grateful. Everything feels like I could cry at the drop of a hat this week. And have been lol

I have been battling with my bread machine each week. The loaf is always sunken...altitude ya know. Anyway, I got some tips on what to do and I thought this last time it would be perfect as it was getting closer and closer each time I made a loaf. But it still sunk a little - not as much so I am getting closer. It just is getting frustrating!

Master has been busy with work today so I have been online. It has been nice to just veg in front of the computer. It is like most people veg in front of a tv I do that with a computer/internet.

Well I made a few changes to my journal....type is bigger....some links have been changed.


Tomorrow is Master and my 1 year anniversary.


To think of it...it actually seems we have been together for long then a year. It feels like sometimes we have been together forever. It is that warm comforting feeling.

Master and I came together feeling this knowing that wow...we are meant for each other. And at times we were scared thinking that other shoe would drop but as a good friend pointed out to us. We just needed to tie the other shoe on. And we did.

And we have not looked back since. It is very strange to have this person in the world that I can be completely myself with....who I know will always be there....who knows how to be with me without trying. Does that make sense?

I love and adore Him. I became His a year ago tomorrow....and I am so happy to be His....

I hope He allows me to serve Him for years and years!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...