Thursday, January 15, 2004

Topics: Arriving in Ohio, Collar amusement, and "Divine Punishment"

Well I am in Ohio :) Moni and her husband Michael came to pick me up last night. Weather here was not the greatest even though the roads were all clear. My flight landed a little late. I was not happy about having to make them wait after they came to Cleveland to get me.

Of course my trip started off with a bit of amusement....

Our airport out on the Western Slope is of course one of those that is teeny tiny...basically 2 gates. Woohoo! So I go to security…I walk through and it beeped at me. So they told me to take my necklace off (aka my collar) and my shoes. I told them I would need my purse back (as it was with my coat in a bin being sent through the scanner) and the man kind of looked at me. I pulled the lock to the front (as I wear it in the back in vanilla settings) and said the key is in my purse. His eyes got as wide and he said Oh! He then handed me my purse. I pulled the key out unlocked it, pulled it off and stuffed it all back in my purse. He just kept looking at me with wide eyes. I went through again and everything was fine. So, fun fun for me. It is funny because the night before Master was looking for the spare key and I said “well I have never had to take it off at the airport yet.” And of course I must have jinxed myself huh? lol Master saw the whole thing He was standing outside the security gate. He got a chuckle out of that.

It is odd that I did not find it at all embarrassing - I was actually kind of surprised the security guy acted so shocked. I guess they never have any goth/industrial types come through with all their spikes and collars? *shrugs* Oh yeah I am small town! DUH :)

Master just called from our airport and there are mechanical problems…so everyone cross your fingers they get it fixed quickly and efficiently so that He can be in the air soon. (time 2:02pm Eastern time right now and He was suppose to be taking off at 2pm)

The Second part of the trip was kind of long, but not bad. I finished up reading Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton. They were big comfy sits and no one in the row...so that was nice.

The first part of the flight was not too bad either - though a smaller plane and less comfy. But I didn't have to sit with anyone again so that is good. I did sit behind a man that I ended up kind of reading over his shoulder. He was reading a book that…I nearly getting physically ill reading. I had to stop because I really thought I might get sick to my stomach. He was reading Roar in Sodom and I am not putting a link to it – as it does not deserve one.

Here is what one website says about the book:

“Sodom, the land that was so vile in the sight of the Lord, so forward in its perversion that God in His justice destroyed it by a rain of fire, is a reminder that God does not tolerate sin forever. But surely we don't rival Sodom in aggressive, bold sinning. Or do we? Are we headed for judgment? More importantly, can there be revival? Yes! But Anderson believes we only have a window of mercy. Now is the time for the Church, in fresh humility and repentance, to raise its voice urgently and with tears confront society's sins and call for repentance. Anderson examines self-delusions, blatant lies, and pride that rationalize societal sins such as bloodshed in the womb, immorality, and teaching our children to sin - evils that point to our judgment. Anderson urges churches across our nation to come together in a Solemn assembly for corporate repentance. The church must cry out for a renewed heart, we must pray intercessory prayers, and we must lift a prophetic roar against wickedness as modeled by Scripture that we may be a nation forgiven by God.”

Okay maybe it does not sound from the description something to make me physically ill just annoyed but I assure you what I read did…

I read…

That AIDS was “divine punishment from God” – that is quoted in there. And that there were positive from AIDS – that it showed how homosexuality and drug users were wrong in their sinning. And that it also showed the sanctity in marriage. The few pages I read was all about homosexuality being wrong and that AIDS was the “divine punishment” and that how America needs to see that basically to have america saved. It really really made me ill because as I looked at the man reading this I was appalled that someone actually might believe the crap that was written in that book. And I was so hoping that he didn’t. Anyway, I had to stop reading over his should because I was getting sick and I thought if I read more I might have to ask the man if he believed what was in the book and that would probably be a debate that would not be good for the closed confines of an airplane for nearly 2 hours.

It just really disturbed me. I am not sure why I so shocked that someone actually wrote something like that but also someone was reading it. I mean I know people out there believe that…I guess I try to pretend they don’t. :(

Compassion…the world needs understanding and compassion.

Last night in a conversation with Moni....I said that I believe there is kind of a karma in relationships. That if you lower your standards and date a married person, date someone who does not meet your needs, date people who lie and cheat, date people who are not compatible with you, date a person who abuse you and so on then that is all you are ever going to get. It is like karma...you do good things you get good things. You date good people you will find the right person that is right for you.

Because you are being disrespectful to yourself. Do good things and allow good things in your life and you will reap the benefits.

Hmmm I think that is about all for now….I think I am going to go look over the notes for the class again and take a nap as I am a little jet lagged.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...