Tuesday, September 06, 2005

How I spent Labor Day Weekend....

Sunday morning Master had to do some filming. He went to get his equipment out and found a piece to be missing. The last time we had the equipment out was when we were in Denver a little over a week ago -- and *I* packed it up after shooting. So we tore the bags apart looking and did not find it. The only conclusion is that I didn't get packed up. So I was of course feeling terribly guilty as Master left me to pack up while He went to a meeting. It was one of those odd proud moments for me as I knew I had saved him time and felt proud to have been able to have that privilege of serving him in that moment. I had never broken the set down before so I didn't know how to even get some pieces apart but I figured it out and did it. So after finding out I left something behind I felt like a horrible slave.

Master sends off an email to the place where he shot the footage but it was a Sunday plus the holiday coming on Monday so we knew it would be Tuesday before we would hear anything. Master then priced the new piece and it would be close to $200 to replace it. So I felt more guilt about Him having to possibly spend that much to replace it because of my error.

So Sunday was kind of miserable. He wasn't sure they could get it to him in time to do his project even if they found it. So it just was adding up one thing after another.

Monday morning I am making muffins and I can't get the whole thing out of my head. I did not remember packing it up. I didn't remember even seeing it. So it was my thought it was still plugged in right where Master had plugged it in. I kept replaying packing things up in my mind. And that it had to be still right in the room that we filmed. But my thought was that even if they had someone look - because of the room it was in - it could be easily over-looked and we would hear that they did not find it even though it had to have been there. So, I came to Master and said, "okay Master I just need to get this out please and if you don't agree I will drop it and not say another word on the whole matter." He said, "okay" So, I told Him since it was the holiday I thought we could go over that day (yesterday) and stay at His parent's and then get up bright and early Tuesday to be there when the place opened and go and look. I felt us looking -- would give us some sort of peace of mind because we would know for sure if it was or wasn't there. He paused for a moment and said yes. So, we had some muffins called His parents and I got us ready to go by packing, doing dishes, and such. We headed over to Denver on a HOLIDAY! Oh my the traffic!

Our state is a tourist state plus all the locals get out of the big city and go out into the wonderful mountains of Colorado so there were lots of cars on the road. But it least it was a nice day and we had the company of each other. We arrived in Denver at dinner time and then spent the rest of the evening chatting with His parents. We were very thankful that they were okay with us giving them short notice.

So this morning....we got up early head down there. We went to the room where we had been shooting and Master pointed to me...it was exactly where He left it. He understood why I had not noticed it. And was glad we had come because if we had sent someone to look they most likely would have not seen it either. I think if you had been standing in the room you would have felt the stress drain from us. We grabbed it and then headed back to the car to head towards home as Master was going to try to work this afternoon (note I said try).

Oh on the way to Denver because we were going bumper to bumper traffic for a bit - it caused us to slow down and really look at some things we do not - normally. And we saw an old school house off the highway. Master said it looked like a good picture taking opportunity sometime. So this morning on our way back we decided to try to capture it. And it was worth the stop...the whole little little town was a treat!

It was a mix of falling down abandoned buildings, old buildings that were in relatively good shape, houses painted like gingerbread houses, little shops and such. We drove through the town taking pictures. Master was thoroughly enthralled by a bakery. He was snapping lots and lots of pictures and finally He called me over. He said, "you are not going to believe this" and pointed to the front stoop. There out in front of the bakery they had a big metal box sitting on the stoop that said FRESH BREAD on it. He opened it up and there inside was indeed FRESH bread...homemade bread...jalopeno cheddar, sunflower oat, Italian herb and asiago, rosemary and garlic, cinnamon fruit, dilly bread and so on. They mill their own flour too and no white refined sugar is used in their breads. We ended up getting 2 loaves. They had a sign that said to "please honor the honor system" on it. There were a canister in the bin with money in it -- where we placed our money for the loaves too. It was obviously a well used service. And the loaves smell so good!

After we got back in the car, Master's whole presence changed...He was so much more relaxed. Being able to take some pictures, finding a place that seemed calm and serene helped His over-all-well-being. And he noticed it too and mentioned it. It was very nice to see Him so happy and calm.

We arrived in our town - just got off the interstate and we heard the car hit something - but we had not seen anything. There was a clunk as we drove...I said I think your tire is flat. Well His car is a smart car and tells you those kind of things. But it was not saying anything so he pulled into a parking lot and looked a bit and then stopped.....there was a big piece of metal sticking out of the tire. It wasn't flat. But He knew it would be....so 2 1/2 hours later we were walking of a tire place with a new tire. So not a great way to end such a good day.

He is out filming right now as I type this up though so at least he is able to get moving on his project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...