Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Beginning of my Journey....

I am sure I will have several posts coming but thought I would start at the beginning...so this is just the traveling info and a tarot reading.

I flew out Thursday and it was not a very good day! Master dropped me off at the airport about 7:30 (flight leaving (9am) and there was a long long line for checkin. By the time I checked in, did the security thing and made it to my gate -- they were boarding. I get on the plane -- get belted in and settled with my book -- when they announce that there is problems at O'Hare. There we electrical storms so bad they had to clear everyone off planes and equipment away too so we were going to be about an hour late landing at O'Hare. Well I had a connection that was only an hour and half between at O'Hare so that made me a little nervous -- as O'Hare is HUGE and I hate trying to find my gates there. When we finally made it to O'Hare, I asked the flight attendant what gate my next connection was going to be and she told me. Ugggh I was landing in Concourse C and had to go to F. She did tell me a quicker way with a shuttle to get there though. So, I get over there and quickly make my way to my gate to see that nothing is there. I go to Customer Service to see if they moved it but no they cancelled it completely. So here it is 1pm when my plane had landed and she does not think she will be able to get my on a plane at all today, but I will be on standby for the next flight at 4:40pm.

They can't get me on that flight. I do have to say though I sat next to the most interesting woman in the waiting area. She was from New Zealand and an Oral Historian. She talked about her travels and her homeland and it was a fascinating conversation. So she was the bright moment in my bad day.

Meanwhile that afternoon, I tried to ask some questions of one of the clerks attending that gate and he was so rude. I asked him where my luggage was from my flight from Denver to O'Hare and he said it will find me. No kidding - he rolled his eyes as he said it.

The other person at the counter was wonderful. I talked to her a few times and the first time she made arrangements for the first flight out in the morning. I saw her later beginning to hand out vouchers so I got in line and of course ended up having to speak to the idiot that told me my luggage would find me -- I asked if I could have a voucher for dinner and hotel as I saw others getting them and he said, "no." I said, "others are getting them." He said, "no they are not." I said, "yes they are" and pointed to a few people out in the waiting area I knew that got them he said, "no.". I said very calmly and politely, "I have been here all day and very patient and understanding that you cancelled my flight"...he interrupted me saying, "we canceled it due to weather so we don't owe you a voucher as we can't control the weather." Yep that is what he said to me. No I did not get his name as he had his name badge turned around.

So I am sitting there pissed and the line went down and the guy was gone so I figured I would go ask the woman for the vouchers. There was only one person in front of me -- and I got lucky she canceled her reservation for a flight at 8:40pm. So, the nice clerk put me on stand by for the other flights in between but if I couldn't get on those I would be booked for sure on the flight at 8:40pm. So, I sit there all day. I get dinner. I am tired. I read all my magazines and finished the book I had brought and am sitting people watching.

I am at the gate for my 8:40 flight (new clerks again) when I see that it disappears from the flight info board behind the clerk. It alarmed me so I go up and say, "is anything wrong with the flight at 8:40 -- did they change its gate or something" and she says, "No" giving me a look like I am being stupid. I said, "well it disappeared from the board behind you." So then she checks...the look on her face said it all! Horror...that was the look on her face. My flight had been cancelled and rescheduled for 11:04pm.

They asked us to stay close to the gate as it might change though. Well it did, we were scheduled to depart at 10:12pm but we boarded and circled the runway for almost an hour before we got in the air. In the air there was lightening all around us. Every window I looked out of I saw it. I have a big fear of Thunder and Lightening so I just sat there trying to meditate in my seat. Didn't work very well so it was dark and I cried silently letting some of my stress from the day wash away. (By the way no one was sitting next to me and they had the lights off so it was dark and no one saw me or heard me.)

I got to my final destination at 2am and girlie -- the trooper she was getting calls from me all day saying nope not on this flight -- was there to met me. We loaded things up and headed to the hotel where we proceed to have a wonderful girlie chat where we talked, ate cookies, laughed and giggled (because laughing and giggling are different) until 4:30am.

Friday we were awoken by the knock of maid service at our door. I just told them to skip us and we then planned out the rest of our day as we didn't have to be the retreat until that evening. We went shopping -- we went to build a bear where girlie bought me a bear. His name is Henry and just so cute! Thank you girlie! I just got done with a nap with Henry! We made one for someone else too....it was so cute! I had never been there it was fun!

Before leaving for SR that evening I had girlie do a tarot reading and then asked at the end to do it again...

1. starting point; theme of the question --- Eight of Pentacles
Meaning: must grow beyond self in order to find self. find a new way in seeing your tasks and needs.
2. oppossing or complimentary to to card 1 --- Six of Pentacles
Meaning: Realizing my needs. Make sure you are not just managing or making do. By giving of talents your needs will be met.
3. conscious side to problem/theme of question --- Ten of Wands
Meaning: Too much on my plate, bundle of energy that is trying to become totally focused on my desires and tasks.
4. root, basis, unconscious side --- Eight of Cups
Meaning: turning off feelings to the point of numbness or no feeling so that everything just passes you by good and bad
5. past --- Three of Cups
Meaning: needs not being met, losing individuality by not expressing needs
6. future --- Three of Wands
Meaning: With enthusiasm I will find the solutions to met my end goals. I need to move/act to make it happen.
7. internal attitude --- Star
Meaning: I don't feel I have the light within to face my problems. Allow the feelings I have to be explored...hopes and visions can be realized and fears need to be dealt with
8. outside, how others view me and the problem --- King of Pentacles
Meaning: others view I have everything...I am successful...that I have done hard work and now am successful
9. hopes and fears --- Page of Cups
Meaning: not clear of identity, having problems loving self, very sensitive
10. outcome --- Three of Pentacles
Meaning: new beliefs coming, letting light shine on the problem I am facing to show knew skills, freeing myself from the burdens that I have put upon myself

(by the way that is not an image from the exact tarot set used)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...