Monday, September 12, 2005

Poly Part 1 of ?

I think I could do a hundred posts on poly and still not cover all my thoughts and experiences.

When I was a little girl, I would draw layouts to houses and pictures to create a story to go with the house. Anyway, I always had more then one wife in my stories to go with the houses. Now, no where in my childhood did I ever know anyone or talk about it with my family that a person has more then one wife or involved with more then one person. For me - in my child brain - it seemed the more people there the more love there would be and that sounded nice to me.

I think I kind of fell into poly. When I discovered BDSM online, years and years after Don, I found that many people in the BDSM community seemed to be poly. Or at least many Dominants seemed to be involved with more then one submissive. And I didn't have problems with that as it seemed natural for me. Plus I am bisexual so it is nice to be able to have female and male partners. Also I have never really been a jealous person. Boyfriends would flirt with others and such and most of the time I didn't mind. I actually remember getting turned on by it. It only bothered me when as jewels said in a post....my needs were not getting met. I would get envious of the attention when I was lacking or craving the attention. I never really felt threatened by others either - as it is 2 people doing the work in the relationship and if we are doing what we need to -- then there is no reason in my mind to feel threatened.

Just as there are many ways to do BDSM - I think there are many ways to do poly. I think poly *for me* is being involved in a long term intimate relationship with more then one person. For me it is *not* just playing or having sex with someone casually - to me that is having more of an open relationship. Many people include swinging in poly but that isn't poly to me either.

I have been a part of poly relationships over the years....

My first poly experience was within a big poly family. When I moved in, there was 1 live in slave besides me, 1 live in servant type slavegirl who was not owned by the dominant but served him, 2 submissives that did not live with us and then other casual play partners that didn't live with us. Shortly after moving in a D/s couple moved in with us and the dominant I was involved with became the head of the household basically. It was kind of a complicated set up. But it worked between the 2 dominants. All the girls could play with each other without asking - SM or sex. All the girls of the dominant I was involved with could play with the other dominant except he was not allowed to play with me. The other dominant's submissive could play with the dominant I was involved with. Most of the girls within the household - I was not attracted to and did not have the connection I need there to be when involved with women....except the other dominants submissive. And so she and I were involved. We had a very loving sensual relationship. She was very sweet and I have been actually thinking about her a lot this week after filling out a questionarrie about past relationships.

In the time I was with this dominant we had quite a few come and go. In the end it was just him and I living together but he had long distant relationships going also. We even had kids in the household at one time too -- an 8 year old for a summer and teenager for over a year.

I then did kind of a trial run with a very dear couple that I love an adore to this day. They were just starting to explore poly. After that I was involved in a D/s relationship with one, a Daddy/little girl with someone else and a Top/bottom with another fellow - plus I had 2 girlfriends all at the same time.

It really was not until Master that I "gave up" poly as he believes and I also do - when starting an M/s relationship it is very important to build a strong foundation and he felt that would be hard if pursuing others at the same time. He wanted us to just focus on us. I feel Master and I now do have a strong foundation but I know that neither of us feel it is still a good time to pursue outside relationships. But won't rule it out - if it happens it was suppose to happen to me.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...