Okay so I have been bad...really bad this fall about posting. I was on such a good streak and now....I have fallen off into the abyss again.
Things have just been busy.....and I have been really tired by the end of the day so.....blog is one of those things I let go of fairly quickly when that happens unfortunately as I do like to write. I do write actually - I just don't always post. Doesn't feel complete the thought I start when I write so I don't post it and always have good intentions of coming back and finishing them.
So somethings going on in bullet points...
* got a new bed...sleep is so much better!
* got a few other new pieces of furniture and so the house felt like we had just moved in there for a bit
* my pain - the sciatica well it is worse at the moment which is typical I guess for how we are treating it. See I have one leg longer then the other - by 1/2 inch so....throwing everything off. I have a temporary lift in my shoe that is small then a half inch because starting slowly. Well pushing things back is making me in more pain. Such pain that my therapist was concerned too and my medical and mental health are all linked in through the same place so....she was wanting me to make another appointment. I have a follow up for the end of the month.
* therapy is going really well right now. I really appreciate all the help my therapist has given me. I know I mentioned back at the beginning of the year - I changed therapist's and my new therapist I love! She is so great about everything. Even the poly.
* teacup is going to be arriving on Saturday. She will be meeting all of Master's family as we will be there for a family event through the weekend.
* We will head home to have Thanksgiving here.
* Going to see some friends after Thanksgiving - can't wait to see them as we haven't been able to get together with them since the beginning of summer.
*The other day when I was sitting waiting to go into my therapy appointment something happened with another patient and it bothered me a lot. I barely made it back into my therapists office without starting to cry. It just bothered me and hurt so....I told her about it and felt better as she understood what happened and I knew then she would handle it after there making sure the person was okay. But it just really made me feel for the other person. One of my favorite sayings is - "Be kind for everyone is fighting a battle." I think it is so true. We never know people's stories or the battle they are fighting so it really bothers me when people are unkind and lack compassion towards others.
Two friends right now are in an argument that escalated so much that they ended the friendship. I can get we all have different views. I can get we all have a core belief that sometimes we can't see beyond and see it how others see it. My parents go to a church that is doesn't believe in Gays/Lesbians. Their church believes marriage is between a woman and man and any other type of relationship is a sin. They also voted for Romney and who is against Gays/Lesbians having equal rights. My sister is a lesbian. I am bisexual, but not out to them. But my sister is out to them. And they are against her loving in my eyes. Now they would explain they are for her loving and getting married, they just don't "support" the church's view or Romney's but they support the church through donating money to it weekly. The supported Romney through voting for him. And that for me says - they don't want their daughter to fall in love and get married. It bothers me and it is hard for me to see beyond that. But...even though I don't understand it.....I don't stop loving my parent's. I don't agree with them, but I don't disown them. What I can do is look at them and know we are all different. It is their choice - even if I don't get it I don't continue to harp on them, I don't continue to argue - but look towards them with compassion and hope and pray they will see how supporting those against equality for everyone hurts so many amazing people in the world including my sister.
Words and actions can sometimes hurt people so deeply - we can't understand or see how it affects them. Someone called me a murderer because I had an abortion - someone who is a friend. It was really hard for me to let the disagreement about it go and just continue the friendship, but I finally let it go and hope one day the compassion that this person shows towards so many others will shown towards me and know what that word does to me.
There are so many words and actions that to me speak so clearly for us and sometimes we don't realize at all what it means to others. I am trying really hard to think before I speak and act - are my words kind? true and necessary? do my actions hurt people I care about? will this be kind towards them? help them? So many things to consider, but helps me in the long run too feel better.
We all say and do things that can cut to the core of us, but hopefully we can see a broader picture of compassion and love. Yeah I am a tree-hugging bleeding heart liberal if can't tell by these last paragraphs. Peace to everyone!