Sunday, January 28, 2001

Rebirth

"Through symbolic death the ego is temporarily dissolved or disembodied in the collective unconscious mind. From this state the individual is then "rescued" by the rite of rebirth. What this means to me in terms of the Master/slave relationship is the following: Each ritual act of deep and heavy torture represents the "death" of the slave's ego - her current perceptions of herself as an autonomous being. The fact that it is dealt out at the hand of the Master is highly significant; It is He that brings this "symbolic death " and it is He that leads His slave in to the rebirth of experience."

something I read the other night.....

something I have been thinking about lately.

I guess I never looked at as a rebirth because of how Don did it. It was not birth - it was death. But I can see with the right Dominant it would be rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...