Sunday, March 06, 2005

Kindlings: Part 1 of 4

From Kindlings Archive...it is a bunch of questions that I am going to split up into 4 posts.


1. What is your favorite scene from a book or movie that evoked a sense of your slavery?


I don't think there is a book or movie scene that evoked my own slavery. There were certainly books and movie scenes that I find interesting or make me hot in regards to the power exchange or SM going on in them..

Such as Secretary..
For the most part I did not get a sense of D/s in the Secretary. But I did enjoy the opening scenes with her in the bar and cuffs pouring the coffee. But most of the movie I did not relate to and enjoyed much more when looking at it from an entertainment point of view rather then expecting to relate to it.

There is an SM breath play scene in Killing Me Softly that makes me wiggle to no end! 9 1/2 Weeks makes me hot at times too...some of the control elements. But even the Quiet Man can make me smile when John Wayne spanks Maureen O'Hara or pushed her up against the wall with her arm pinned behind her and his hand in her hair...and kisses her.

Books...I resonated with several sections in The Market Place series. Books that I feel help me in my service and surrender to my Owner are usually books on religion or spirituality. Especially books on Buddhism. Another that has helped me is the Four Agreements.

A book I look forward to reading is Slavecraft by Guy Baldwin


2. What song or lyric reminds you of your dynamic?


I am not sure there is one I really relate to but there are some that make me smile when I hear them because I do think of the dynamic we have...

Such as Control by Puddle of Mud, Chains by Tina Arena, Cherish the Day by Sade, Pretty when you cry by VAST are just a few.

3. What is your favorite quote?

I am a quote whore so I just can't name one!

So here are a few...

"I would like to beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love "the questions themselves" as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything.

*Live* the questions now.

Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."

- Rainer Maria Rilke

"If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essense of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day." ~ Alex Noble

A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . .Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question . . .Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it
doesn't it is of no use." -- Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan


"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke


"Try to find pleasure in the speed that you're not used to. Changing the way you do routine things allows a new person to grow inside of you. But when all is said and done, you're the one who must decide how you handle it." -- From Paulo Coelho's book The Pilgrimage

4. What is your favorite form of service?

One thing does not come to mind. I am just happy to be in service. I can say that I find service to be more and more of a pleasure over the years. Not that it wasn't before but I also find that it has become more important to me then other things that fall under the BDSM umbrella.

5. Do you have any phobias?

Umm MICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...