Monday, June 26, 2006

Drama Free Zone

I can't stand drama. I have had my blogger almost 6 years now and in that time I have become good at spotting people who like drama. And more importantly I stay away from those blogs/people/websites/elists - even if it often months before the actual drama surfaces. To have a peaceful and calm life - means you create it - and letting those who are drama filled into your life will make your life filled with drama - obviously.

So here is my advice to those that don't want to have drama in their lives...(not that any of you asked but...I like to share)...

The tip: Don't engage.

When dramas happen and I don't post comments on their blogs, I don't link to them, I don't respond to emails, I don't write about them. I don't engage with them.

Thus my life is peaceful.

If you get those vibes from a person - that they are going to be drama filled then back away and don't interact with them. Trust your instincts. I chose who I am close to very carefully. And I keep everyone else at arms length. It might sound solitary and maybe in a way it is but the friendships I forge are good friendships that last. And I have to say sincerely I have a great group of friends that really have been so remarkable in their support and friendship over the years. I am very lucky.

I have found reminding myself of a few things also help in not engaging when drama ensews:

* He doesn't like drama AT ALL so I know he wouldn't want me to get all bent out of shape for some drama someone created.
* I am Maser's slave and I do believe I am a reflection of him. So if I engage in it and react then that is not really a good reflection - in my opinion.
* All my time is Master's so if I engage in the drama I am really using his time to engage in the drama so that is not good.
* I am worth more. I don't need to engage in drama because my time, my energy, my life....means more to me.

Also in learning to not to engage in drama, I have found some lessons that help me in life as a slave to Master. Not that he creates drama. But so often when drama flares our first reactions are so emotion filled so we react instead of breathing and thinking it through. And the same thing applies to me in the slavery to Master. Sometimes my reactance to his control, demands, orders are very emotion filled and I want to react to the emotions instead of thinking it out. And so with learning to stop, breathe and think before engaging in drama has helped me do the same in my slavery to Master. Of course it isn't perfect yet as what Master says is law and He is my world....so things he says verses some random person the world wide web says --- is taken much more seriously - obviously.

So anyway...there is my thoughts on living drama free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...