Monday, June 12, 2006

My Poly Life...Then and Now...Part 4

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Structure for the Poly Family

When I first moved in as I said there was the one slave his first slave...who I refer to as first girl, one servant type girl, 2 submissive that didn't live with us, and a couple play partners of the dominant. Plus shortly after I moved in the D/s couple (Bug and her husband) moved in with us.

So here is kind of a structure of how things were set up...

The dominant had the Master bedroom, Bug and her husband had a room and then the other the 2 of us slept where ever basically. And the last usually in bed with our dominant. We switched off nights basically. Bug got one night a week with my dominant and the rest were with her husband or me as her husband at times worked nights so then her and I had our nights when he was gone. The rest of the week first girl and I would switch off nights. Sometimes he would tell us he wanted someone that night and if she was in there 2 nights in a row we just rolled with it. In the end it probably worked out that we got pretty close to equal amount of nights but we actually never worried about that as strange as that will sounds. I know this is a usually a big problem in other poly households. But for us we just were happy he was happy. There was a time when first girl felt he and I needed to bond at the beginning and she wanted me sleeping with him every night. I told her that was not necessary. Really I can see that if one were getting more nights it could become a problem as the lack of quality time for one or more. But really when we needed time we could ask for it. And then even if it wasn't our night he would create some evening quality time such as right after work. When another girl was in from out of town or he had a play partner over then of course us girls didn't sleep with him and just always adjusted according to it. If they stayed for 4 nights they slept with him for 4 nights. At times he would again request one of us sleep with him and another one of the girls and of course we always obeyed even if neither of us were interested in each other sexually.

When a girl slept with him then the other girl got breakfast ready, packed his lunch and made sure anything else that would be needed for him to go about his day was ready. The girl that slept with him washed/showered with him and set out work clothes for him. He is a very sexual man so it was usually nightly and morning sexual service for the girl who slept with him.

We switched off nights cooking also. At first the person who cooked didn't have to clean the the kitchen but this started to be a little bit of a problem as Bug and I clean as we go and first girl and the servant girl usually didn't and so Bug and I would always end up having to clean up a lot more then the other two. When first girl cooked also she seemed to have food on the walls and ceilings so it was usually having to be a deep cleaning of the kitchen after she was in it not just cleaning up dinner dishes. So finally we switched the rule that if you cooked you cleaned up your own mess. And that worked better because remarkably the kitchen started being cleaned as first girl cooked. Usually those that came to stay from out of town didn't have to cook or do chores because we wanted them to have quality time with our dominant.

Other chores dusting, cleaning the toilet, doing laundry and what not were kind of divided up with depending on who was there during the day. Our dominant didn't want me to work. First girl often had temp jobs. And servant girl well long story she didn't have a job. Bug did temp jobs too and went to school. So most of the housework was mine and servant girl. But when first girl and Bug were between jobs they also helped out. Things at first weren't getting done and so our dominant put me in charge of making sure everyone knew what they needed to do. That didn't work well and I didn't want to do it that way but obeyed. As I have said I am calling her first girl because she was his first slave. But in this situation where I was told to be in "charge" it became that I was first slave also known as head slave or alpha. (cringe) Anyway, it created a lot of problems. And so usually I just ended up doing most of the work myself so that I didn't have to "fight" with anyone to do it. Bug always helped without being asked or told. She saw what needed to be done and did it or come ask me what was a priority to get done. And I so appreciated that she did that.

When L entered the household things were pretty much the same we switched off nights. We took turns cooking but helped out each other. And chores same thing we just did what was needed. I just realized I never mentioned that although L was attracted to women she and I weren't involved sexually. I did some SM and was sexually involved with Bug and also a couple submissives or potentials but that was it.

Some questions I have had about L and her daughter. L told her daughter of her life as a slave and interest in SM before she came to be with us. L and the father of her daughter were Master/slave and into SM. He died and so it took her a while before she searched for another Master but when she started to she made the decision to tell her daughter. L's daughter although accepted people lived like we did and participated in SM she didn't want to know about and at first kind of looked down upon it. The poly aspect didn't seem to phase her...it just seemed normal to her. And I can't recall for sure but I do think that L's husband did have other women in his life so maybe that is why she didn't seem phased by it.

L's daughter did ask privately about why I was a slave and why I liked to be beat and after I explained my feelings to her she seemed to be more relaxed about bringing it up. And if we slipped and said Master around her she didn't act like we had said a swear word as she did when she first lived with us. So although there were changes in the household - the under lying foundation of D/s was always there and she didn't see it. Obvious changed we made...no more having sex in any room of the apartment - it was restricted to the Master bedroom, we couldn't walk around naked like we did before she was there, we didn't have the open D/s discussions at dinner as we once did. So for the most part things were just like every other house.

Also going to state this even though I think it should be understood - we never did anything around her that was adult in nature. She never saw any SM or sexual activities. When we did heavy impact play, she was out of the house...at friends, her part-time job or if it was something that was needed to be taken care of right away such as punishments - then the one that was not getting punished would take L's daughter out for dinner, shopping or a movie so that it could take place without her there.

So that is how it worked in the poly family...and yes I have more to share about poly so there will be at least one more if not 2 more posts about poly.

Anyone have questions about this time in my life or my views on poly feel free to ask - leave me a comment or email me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danae,

    I've been a long-time reader, but I'm a first-time poster. Thanks for writing this series...I've appreciated the retrospective viewpoint. I read a few other blogs that are by poly bloggers, but they rarely talk about the details how the households are setup.

    J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...