Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This is Life

So life...what has been going on...

Art - been doing lots of art and I am happy about that. It always just feels so good - puts me in a good mood (except when I have blocks) and just lets me lose myself in it.

Domestic - Master bought Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized Everyday Pan last summer for me. All the Calphalon pans we have are great but I use this pan almost well everyday. And everything I cook turns out great........EXCEPT I can't do fried potatoes like hashbrowns. They stick to the bottom. So I always have to switch them to an old pan we have just to make them. I don't make fried potatoes that often but when I do I wish I could get them to work in the everyday pan. Tonight I tried to make some fried potatoes with sundried tomatoes, chopped mixed peppers and onions and again I had to switch to our old pan. Yeah I know such an exciting entry. It is just a love to cook and it frustrates me when things don't work the way I want them to. And today must have been my day for domestic failures as I made some cookies that didn't turn out...they are edible but didn't turn out how they were suppose to...they were suppose to be more cakey like sour cream cookies but they turned out flat and then chewy like a molasses cookie. Master loves maple flavoring...if he is going to get a donut it usually has maple frosting on it. And so I found this recipe for maple cookies and made them hoping to send them with him - as he left to go out of town this morning. He still got some to go with him but they weren't very pretty so I told him not to share! I know the problem is an altitude thing so I am going to try them again sometime...altering the recipe to compensate for it. I will be crossing my fingers that it works!

General - Master has so much on his plate and many things I can't help with but the things I can help with I seem to be falling short in and it has been very hard on us both. Then that of course makes spiraling out of control thoughts of that I am a horrible slave and he deserves better and what not. I then do some self talk and usually I am able to work through what needs to be done, and that I am not a horrible slave but it still seems like it is taking much more work then it should...and I know I shouldn't say should. (yes I am laughing that I even typed that out.)

Health - Well this is one area that is pretty positive. I have only had one migraine in since the 21st of May. Sinus headaches are down...allergies don't seem as bad either. We got an air purifier and it might be the reason I am having less sinus and allergy issues. Which also might contribute to migraines but we only have had the air purifier for 2 weeks and my no migraine streak has been longer then that. Either way I am happy that both migraines and allergies have been much better!

Well I think that is about it. I am don't like it when Master is out of town but I do have MANY things to keep me occupied. I just hope I feel motivated and inspired to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...