Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Sep. 11, 2001

Well, wow how to describe a day like today. I am not sure I can......

As everyone knows...the US was attacked today by terrorist....

Timeline...

Tuesday, Sep. 11, 2001
Plane crashes into tower of World Trade Center in lower Manhattan, shortly before 9 a.m. Eastern. Second plane crashes into the second tower of the World Trade Center, shortly after 9 a.m. Eastern. An aircraft crashes near Pentagon, just outside of Washington D.C., in Northern Virginia, about an hour after the attacks in New York. Government buildings in Washington, including the Capitol and the White House, are evacuated with officials citing a credible threat of a terrorist attack. The Federal Aviation Administration shuts down all aircraft takeoffs nationwide...first time in history. Shortly after 10 a.m. Eastern, one World Trade Center tower in New York collapses, about an hour after being hit by plane. Officials at Somerset County Airport say a large plane crashes in western Pennsylvania, about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, at about 10 a.m. The second tower of the World Trade Center collapses at 10:28 a.m. Eastern. Fourth explosion rocks the collapsed remains of the World Trade Center, at about 10:38 a.m.

My day.....

Today I took Kam to work and then did not have the radio on. Got to where I needed to be and was still not listening to the radio and TV. It was about 11am when I happen to catch a glance at a TV and saw a building on fire and someone talking about Cleveland Hopkins was closed down. I had my phone on silent and looked down and saw that Sir Nick had called. So I went and called him. He was the one that ended up telling me what was going on. I felt numb. I heard his words....and voice. It just was so unreal. It was made me kind of numb right then. I have felt distant and not sure but I guess that almost made me feel more distant. Not with him though just the world in general.

I heard his voice. He told me about the pentagon and I thought of someone I know that works for them. I still have not heard from that person and I am very worried about him. He was on vacation last week and all I could think was why couldn't it of been this week.

It is amazing this has happened.....I am not sure I feel it and other times I feel great sadness creep over me. I took my necklace off today and felt anxiety but I thought it was work related that I sometimes go through. But now I wonder. I was done with work and I felt shaky and remembered my necklace and put it back on and was okay. *shrugs*

I think Jim was suppose to be in NYC this week. I am not for sure. I wrote Jim's mom. My mom called me and I tried to call back but all the circuits were busy.

It is just all so surreal.

He was great on the phone. Telling me things that meant the world to me. He is so good to me....considerate. He signed online tonight and I know it was just to make me feel better even though he is so tired. I started to cry tonight as he chatted with me. And I am not sure why...I told Di. She said because you care about him. I do. Weird you think I would have got that by now. That I care about him.

I guess what happens when tragedy happens you think about those that you care about and see their place in your life.

I wish everyone peace and serenity tonight.....

danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...