Thursday, October 07, 2004

Quickie....Life Update and Books

Quick entry….again….long one coming tomorrow!

This week has been hectic and it has gone way too fast. There has been something going on everyday. Tomorrow we leave for a little get away. We are going to go do some things we have wanted to museums, shopping and such. But we are also going meet up with some friends for dinner. I am looking forward to it a lot!

We have a couple nights of free stay at a hotel so it will be nice. And I was told to pack toys! It will be nice since Master has been working so hard and it just feels like our quality time has been null and void lately! (Except for yesterday, which I will write about in the long entry tomorrow.)

A couple of lists I am on have been talking about lifestyle books….so I thought I would post a list of some of my favorites….

(* is all fiction works)

~> The Marketplace Series by Laura Antoniou* - This is one of my favorites. I have not read The Reunion yet but have it. The Marketplace is a fictitious setting but many of the feelings the slaves go through to me are realistic. And I very much relate to the feelings described in the books.


~> To Love, To Obey, To Serve by Vi Johnson - It is also a favorite of mine. My review of the book taken from our website: As people can tell from this website's very name, reality is important to us. And this book is reality. It is in the pure raw form. This book is a diary of Vi Johnson's life as a slave. It is from before the days of SSC and it will most certainly shock some when reading it. It is not for those seeking romantic masturbational fodder as it is far from it. It is an important book on consensual slavery.

I do need to say though that because it is in diary format, the writing style is hard to follow at times. And we don't get all the blanks filled in at times where it would have been useful because it is a diary. So it can be confusing at times, but again it is the reality of a slave. And an important read for those going into a Owner/property type dynamic.

~> The Story of O by Pauline Reage* - Of course a classic that I read a few times long before I new that people lived in BDSM relationships.


~> Different Loving by Dr. Gloria Brame & Jon Jacobs - this is the first BDSM book that I read - It has a little bit of everything in it and also was the first time I had read anything about D/s 24/7 and that really resonated with my desires.

~> Sleeping Beauty Series by Anne Rice* - Very much erotic fantasy. But I remember masturbating to it a few times! LOL No realism in this book. Just good masturbational fodder.


~> The Passive Voice by G. C. Scott* - It was erotic fiction with of course BDSM as a theme throughout. And it is terrible but I can't remember lots of it. I mean I think it starts of kind of vanilla and a girl wanting to explore her submissive side. But I can't remember the real plot of the book except that I enjoyed it. It was one of those first BDSM erotic books that I bought when I was specifically looking for BDSM type novels. G.C. Scott has written many more BDSM novels also. His Mistress Voice was another that Scott wrote that I read. Because it came in a 2 pack from the book club I got it from.


~> The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage by Midori - Beautiful book to look at and read. Really pretty how to on bondage.


~> The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities by Dossie Easton, Catherine A. Liszt - Not really a lifestyle book but great if you are in a poly relationship. Talks about issues that come up when in Poly type relationships.


~> Hand in a Bush by Deborah Addington - It is a book on fisting and it is very good. It is practical as well as just a good book to read. And of course Deborah is great!


I know there are more...I just can't think of them at the moment.

Also listing a few I would like to read and might ask Master if I can buy a few with my birthday money.

Slavecraft by Guy Baldwin

The Compleat Slave: Creating and Living an Erotic Dominant/Submissive Lifestyle by Jack Rinella


Miss Abernathy's Concise Slave Training Manual by Christina Abernathy

Like I said a longer entry tomorrow! Let me know any good books you would like to recommend, please!

Also kind of a ps...Master bought me Laurell K. Hamilton's latest Anita Blake book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...