Saturday, November 13, 2004

Odds-n-Ends

Newbies and Online Annoyances

This is vent...beware these views are going to come out sounding very judgmental and well they are...

Sometimes my patience level for "newbies" and online stuff is very short...I think I am pmsing. And I know once upon a time I was new. So it is not fair of me...I know that. I know also we all do things differently so it could just be their way. But I still get annoyed.

By the way most of this comes people on forums or elists.

This week I was annoyed by:
* a submissive that I thought was serving real life that I found out was only serving online. She was offering advice to someone in real life when she has never served in real life. And when she offered the advice I read it and went I wonder if she serves online only. And in some posts afterwards I found out that was true. If online is your thing...more power to you. But serving real life is so different then online.
* a submissive was saying she was finally surrendering to her dominant. And everyone is congratulating her and then it comes out that it is online and they have known each other a whole 2 days online.
* a submissive who was told to buy herself a collar. Her and her dominant are online. So she is going out and buying herself a collar. I don't get it. I am sorry. I don't. I don't get being online and having a real collar. And I guess part of me thinks well he should buy it and send it to her if it is that important to him.
* submissive having to go out and buy an expensive flogger to beat herself with because of her online dominant ordered her too. why bother beating yourself? why bother buying something that the person said she could not afford but he still told her to get it? does he want her to get behind in her bills?
* another was suppose to pick a name out for herself because she was told "all submissive get renamed when owned." ummm no they don't. danae is the nick that Master met me with and I still have and will I am sure for years and years. And then again why is she picking it out and not him.
* submissive who think having vanilla times is meaning that they are not doing D/s. I am not sure why but that has really gotten on my nerves lately. Or those who think that just because they are not playing means they are not doing D/s. In my world that means we are not playing period. The play does not affect our dynamic.

Many things I read this week just screamed with red flags. Again it goes to the submissive fever thing I wrote about recently, it seemed many of the submissives that annoyed me this week rushed in and didn't even know the person they are involved with on the other end of that computer. And I guess if online is all your seeking, maybe you don't need to get to know each other. Maybe it is viewed that online is harmless fun but I think it can lead to unhealthy obsessions. And even if doing strictly online, I don't know why you would not get to know the person. Even in when I make friends online, I like knowing I have other things in common with them then just the lifestyle.

I know I have several interests in common with online friends. And same goes with real life. Many of my friends Ohio were in the lifestyle and practice it much differently then I did but that did mean I could not be friends with them. It meant that we usually got along because of other interests.

End of rant. I just needed to vent my frustration. I am sure it is pms because normally I just skip right over these kind of things.

Quiz

Here is a little quiz...Fake or Real Tits...

I scored 19 out of 20.

Life Update

I have been busy reorganizing all week. And still have more to do next week. Since moving here there were some boxes I just could not get to see what was in them. Well in finally being able to unpack the rest of my things this week. I have found lots of things missing. I am missing a box of memorabilia. It had pictures I drew when I was little, report cards, my diplomas, pressed roses from Jim when we were dating and from prom, and things like that. Another box containing china 2 sets (one set of Fostoria and another that had wheat pattern on it with gold trim). Plus a set of wine glasses that my parents got as a wedding present. I also am missing a box of Christmas stuff - a Christmas cookie jar, nutcrackers, and Christmas tea pot. So that was kind of making me depressed the last few days. When I moved here a little part of me thought when I was going through things that I was missing boxes, but I just kept telling myself they must be here somewhere. But now I know for certain they aren't here.

I will now have a room that has all my art and craft supplies readily accessible. Plus I have my old dining room table in the spare room too so I can even draw and do projects right there so that will be very nice! Sewing machine is set up now too! And I have my first project waiting to be done taking an old pair of curtains and making them into a new pair for the office.

Well Master just said He is tired so that is my cue to sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...