Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mini Life Update and Project Runway

This morning was busy. The last few days have been busy.

I went through all our closets and pulled out bins and boxes of stuff that could go to the storage unit. We have been running out of space ever since I moved in but especially after moving my computer into my art studio. It took a lot of rearranging. So this morning we got up fairly early - picked up a truck to load everything and then unloaded it all at the storage unit. Picking up, loading, unloading and dropping the truck back off took us 3 hours. Daddy said I rocked on having everything so organized and ready. But if you would take a look at our house right now...I think it would be hard to tell I was organized. I pulled everything out of all the closets in the house. And because there is a lot more room now I am reorganizing them so I left things out - so it pretty much looks like a tornado set down in our living room.

On our way home Daddy suggested a treat for working so hard to get things ready. Yay! It was so good!

So the rest of the afternoon has been spent relaxing. I will need to do some work in a bit here so that we have places to sit in the living room this evening. But next week I will kick ass and get it all organized. I am thrilled to have more room so that I can truly put things away without opening up a closet or cupboard and having things spill out.

On to Project Runway - if you haven't watched it yet and don't want to be spoiled then don't read any more of this post!

Project Runway

Angela - well she is from Ohio and since I moved to Colorado from there so I like her. I also like the portfolio work they showed of hers on Road to Runway. Her outfit for the first challenge I liked but I would never wear.

Allison - I really like her. She is cute and seems nice. I liked her portfolio. But I didn't like her first challenge dress. I like her voice....her accent. She has that pinup girl quality.

Bonnie - I will be interested in seeing her designs as she designed for athletes and athletic clothing. So I am wondering how elegant dress will be from her....I did like her first challenge dress although it didn't fit the model in the bust.

Bradley - hmmm not sure I guess I feel he is going to do things that are little obscure. His first challenge dress I wouldn't ever wear but I do see it as creative.

Jeffry - Don't like his tattoo at all! His clothes seem a little over done like Santino last season and I read somewhere he is friend's with Santino so go figure on the over done. He is like Santino where he is cocky also...where he is the best and I am thinking yes for a rock star maybe. But can you have a full range in fashion.

Katherine - I think she is a cutie. She reminds me of someone I was involved with. She is the young - right out of school so she probably will have some learning to do. I did like the sleeveless coat she made for the first challenge - again I wouldn't wear it but I can see it being worn. But the dress was iffy. It kind of reminded me of Nora's dress in the first season when they were to get all their supplies from a grocery store and Nora made a dress out of a lawn chair.

Kayne - Wow on him being a Dolly Parton fan! His pageant dresses were really glittery but of course I guess that is what is needed for pageants. I bet he will have great sewing skills. His challenge dress was okay. Nothing fantastic but nothing horrible. I am wondering if he is going to be funny and cute like Andrea.

Keith - Well I will be interested in seeing how Keith keeps doing. He is arrogant. I think that he will become a problem. His dress wasn't all that to me. The red buttons cute but the dress...and it was a simple clean design but nothing to go wow over. I am glad he took all the junk off it though after Tim had gone around consulting everyone. I do find it odd that he said in the Road to Runway that he has done woman's wear. And then when in the work room for the first challenge says he has never done woman's wear. So that is odd to me. I think he maybe did a little fib to get on to project runway.

Laura - She looks GREAT for having 5 kids and making her own clothes! WOW! Amazing woman. I liked the coat she made but I don't like how it looked on her model. It was made to look good on Laura herself. She designs for herself. So that big fur collar would look great on her but her model with her little head just seemed to be swallowed up in it.

Malan - Creepy! His accent, laugh, mannerisms....ewww! He was rude rude rude to the panel on his last season audition though. But I actually liked his first challenge outfit.

Michael - What I saw of his designs in the Road to the Runway - I liked. I thought it was interesting he took season 2's challenges but when I was surfing this past week for Project Runway sites I found one that people actually do take the challenges. I thought his first challenge dress was creative. And pretty actually. If I hadn't known it was coffee filters I would probably be saying it was a favorite of mine. So I just try to picture it in fabric so that I can like it!

Robert - I like him a lot! I mean he design for Barbie...and I am such a girly girl that loved my Barbie dolls growing up that I have to like him for that fact alone. Plus his audition video was so cute with the Barbies. I really really liked his first challenge dress. I really wish he had won the challenge. (He is the reason for the icon - vintage Barbie)

Stacy - Well I didn't like her first challenge dress. The adding the panty..."Grandma's panties" just almost made it worse for me. I think it was the right call for her being out.

Uli - I really liked her clothes and portfolio in the Road to the Runway. I liked her first challenge dress too but it looked like all her other dresses in the portfolio.

Vincent - Wow on cashing in his 401k...that is scary! Especially after seeing him get so excited about the basket hat! But his dress wasn't too bad. Again I wouldn't wear it but I knew the judges would like it...they seem to like little shift type dresses.

I know it is all in the editing but I always find it kind of humorous each designer thinks their design is GREAT! They each get so jazzed about seeing the model walking down the runway in their design. They go on and on how they think it will be a winner or that they are happy with it and then the judges just tell them how bad it is. Such as Jeffery...right away in the work room says he isn't worried because no one else has his talent. And of course he was down to the last moments of possibly being booted....so I wonder if he will learn or will he be like Santino every episode saying he is the best. It felt like they weren't showing everyone in the work room as much as they have in the past seasons. I mean did it show each person being talked to by Tim? I don't think the show did...did it? I like when they show the interactions in the work room and Tim's comments to each of them. But we will get more of that as they do eliminations.

I am full into my addiction for all things Project Runway!

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled on you and had to give you a high five for being a discerning Project Runway fan. I love love love that show. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...