Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tagged....Book Tag

Well I have been...Tagged...

1) Total number of books I've owned.

Oh my gawd there is no way to even estimate this as I am a huge book whore...ask Master...or Nuala. When I move, books and clothes always have the most boxes. I know I had to cut down on lots of books when I moved here as they are so heavy to move. So I think I probably had around 300 books this time. When I moved to Ohio, it was even more -- I know because when I packed up this last time I had boxes upon boxes upon boxes that I gave to goodwill and friends.

2) The last book I bought.

Well the last book Master bought me, probably Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey which was forever ago but I have a many books to read already. I actually have started Kushiel's Dart several times and just can't get into it. Lately when we go to Border's I have been getting Art Magazines.

Edit: I realized after reading annissa's list that Kushiel's Dart is not the last book that Master bought me....Symbols of Tibetan Buddhism and Buddhist Reflections on Everyday Life.

3) The Last Book I read
The Academy by Laura Antoniou.

4) 5 books that mean alot to you...

1. The Valkyries by Paulo Coehlo
2. Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
3. The Forgetting Room by Nick Bantock
4. The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coehlo
5. Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson

It was hard to just chose 5 books. I have so many that are favorites....a few on Buddhism that always sit on my desk and close to me always. There are many art books too. Then add in those for pure entertainment....such as Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. I have read the whole series.

So my book collection contains books on Buddhism,spirituality, tarot, art, cookbooks, graphic art, politics, how-to, self-awarness (discovery/help), meditation, fiction, and autobiographies. Plus smut and all that kind of wonderful stuff too. The books I chose above are because of how the impacted my life and/or because of the people that gave them to me.

Oh and the person that tagged me thought I would be into Buffy the Vampire books...I actually am not....I loved the TV show but never got into books or fanfiction...I know I am strange. But I do like books about vampires - the series I mention above is great. I did enjoy the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice and I have another series on my wish list by Kelley Armstrong.

5) Tag 5 people and request they fill this out on their journals

(wow it is was hard for me to just pick 5 people)

1. Nuala
2. Annissa
3. Invidia
4. Sinnamon
5. Freya

So begging...please please.....accept the Book Tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...