Thursday, October 01, 2009

Fall Cleaning

Just wanted to pop in to and say I am alive....

Last week we were in Denver. And the week before we were sick. Then while in Denver I started to get the cold coming back. So came home not feeling well and just trying to get back on track. And on top of it I have been struggling with a pulled muscle - in an odd place - my bottom. It really is funny to think about it but not really funny living with it as it hurts no matter what I do - lay down, sit down, bend over - everything makes it hurt.

Yesterday I started my fall cleaning. I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked by the pain slowed me down somewhat. But I did get something done that I didn't in my spring cleaning and that was cleaning out all the bathroom cupboards and shelves. I have a huge bag of stuff to throw. And I reorganized hopefully a way that things won't get piled up.

I feel I have lots I could write about but mostly I am quietly mulling things over. And just feel worn out so not up to writing.

While coming home from Denver, I was reading Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living by Annie Berthold-Bond and Master asked me about it and then told me if I want to step up my more natural way of cleaning that he is willing to put the investment into some products. I have done basics - vinegar, baking soda, tea tree oil but I have wanted to make more products. And if it saves money which is one benefit Better Basics for the Home talked about then he is all for it.

I have been checking out quite a few books on greener living lately. I checked out two books by Danny Seo that are about green entertaining and gift wrapping. And I really enjoyed both of them. (Longer reviews of them will be coming up in October on Domestic Servitude blog.)

Well that is all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Not really related to your topic, but the back thing...in your bottom. That is where i hurt when i had a pinched sciatic nerve, so just be aware of that possibility. It's no fun and takes rest and time to recover from, and i truly hope it isn't that - i just wanted to maybe...mention the possibility, that's all.

    i'm a new reader to your blog after peeking in now and then for a while. i enjoy it, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...