Sunday, December 24, 2000

Christmas Eve

As a child this used to be one of my most favorite days. We would go to my grandparents. They lived on a farm. It was so beautiful as it would always be a white Christmas as I grew up in North Dakota. (The alien state – private joke between Kam, Jackie and I).

My grandparents attended a small country church that is so beautiful...covered in snow. It would always be a very good service – candlelight service. All the lights would be turned off. Then one person would have a lit candle and one by one the light passed lighting each candle in the church creating a warm glow radiating. The silence as we all did this too was a power quiet that would always give me goosebumps. It always was a very meaningful service for me even as a child.

My grandpa would leave early and make reindeer tracks and also boot tracks into the house. I would get back to their place and be so happy seeing those tracks….knowing Santa came.

We always sang Christmas songs, drank wassail, ate and ate and ate all sorts of food, and then my Uncle would read the Christmas Story from the bible. We opened presents after that. I would fall asleep curled up under the piano clutching my new doll or toy.

I know I love Christmas because my mom made our house feel magical during Christmas. It was full of light, love and joy of the season.

So tonight I think of my family and also my friends and wish everyone a very joyous holiday!

peace & serenity,
danae
danaewhispering@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...