Monday, January 03, 2005

Presents, Presents Presents...

A few random thoughts on presents...

  • When we were at my parents house they asked Master to look at the TV - Cable Direct TV box - and the DVD. Dad said he could not figure out why it was not working. So Master took a look at it. He discovered two things - one the cables that hook the DVD to the cable box were not working and two the DVD was totally gone. So, Master came to me to say we need to run an errand after discovering these things. Mom gave us her keys and my sister came with us to navigate to Target. Master bought my parents a new DVD player and cables. We came in with it and my Mom kind of look at it strange, but it was not registering. While Master was hooking it up my Mom said how are you going to get that back to Colorado. Master told her bought them the DVD player for them. Shortly afterwards Dad was informed also....they both were taken aback by it and a little speechless. They thought Master was truly generous to give them such an extravagant gift.

    Master felt for all they had been doing for us there (such as paying for our expensive meal there) that it was the least He could...I was truly touched He did that for my parents. And very thankful to have such a wonderful Master.


  • Master gave His sister a DVD that He made. It had 3 different little videos of her wedding on it. It was great to see her reaction to it. She was crying which of course made me cry. I had seen the thing lots and lots as Master worked on it so it should not have made me cry. It was that she was crying that I cried. I am glad she liked it. I am proud of Master for the wonderful work He did on it to make something so special for His sister.


  • From Master's parents we got a domestic item that I was thrilled about and can't wait to use. Especially after taking it out of the box today and reading the instructions and recipe booklet. It is a grill....like the George Forman but so much better.


  • Just a list of some things from my family...a couple of sweaters. One is very pretty a pale pink cardigan (but not baby pink). It has really pretty rhinestone buttons on it. Each button is different too. I got a few other clothing items - shirt, pjs, workout suit, and slippers. I also got a DVD of original Christmas Classics from TV - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, plus 3 more. I received 2 cookbooks, a Christmas Tree Ornament for the series I collect and also a big fat journal that is actually kind of ugly but I am going to I think make into a collage journal for myself. Which brings me to the next item...


  • Master and I bought some things while there with Christmas money...one item was something I had on my wishlist. Artplay Calendar. It is a calendar of pictures by collage artists. Master was getting a calendar for Himself and asked me if I wanted to get one also. I said no because I got the Amy Brown one for my birthday. But just as He was about to check out I saw out of the corner of my eye Artplay. The last one so I snatched up and asked for it. Master said yes and so now I have a calendar in the office as well as the kitchen. I also got 2 skirts while there that are just so cute and a few sizes smaller then I was last year at this time so I was happy about that.


  • I was surprised by the gifts from my Aunt's and Uncle's. We usually don't exchange anymore. And Master was included also. My Grandma even gave Master a gift too. And I was surprised by that as she had not met Him and we are living in sin. My Aunt and Uncle gave us wine accessories - corkscrew, wine charms, and coasters. And then I got some burts bee lotions and Master got coffee. My other Aunt made all the women in the family scarves. All of us had a different color. Master took a really cute picture of us all in them. Because it had been a long time since I saw them all Master allowed me to purchase wine from our favorite winery as a gift to them. I had it shipped to my parents. It got there the day before all the festivities started so that was good. I also got a bottle for my cousin who came to town to see us.


  • I love to give gifts. It was kind of hard on me this year to find the gifts I wanted to give. Some surprises were when we gave the neighbors goodie bags of treats I baked. They seemed surprised and overwhelmed by the gesture. Just like with my parents and Master giving the DVD player their reaction was so worth it.

    People always complain how commercial it has gotten but I also think it goes to far to the other side also. It is very secular too. I do get fed up with hearing that Jesus is the reason for the season (especially when he was not even born in December).

    For me the spirit of Christmas is family, sharing, love, magical, peaceful, joyous times. You are filled with the love of friends and family and celebrating with them.

    I am very thankful I had Christmas with my family. Also thankful to Master for letting us go up there as I know it was a very expensive trip.

    Time lately I have felt very far from them and like I am missing a part of me. Because I do miss so much of what goes on. And also worry that my time with my Grandmother's has been wasted. And so each moment that I have had with them I am very thankful for but at the same time wish for more.

    So my big present this year was seeing my family! I am very grateful for that wonderful gift.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...