Thursday, November 08, 2001

Forgetting Room

Music: Enrique Iglesias ~ Escape

The other night I did not have a book with me when I spent the night away. But I have had in my bag since the day he gave it to me....a book from Todd. He gave it to me the day we met. The way he looked at me when he slide the gift-wrapped package across the table...I will never forget. Today, Di said in an email regarding Sir Nick....that "there are things you will always remember.....always" It is true....I believe that any relationship that had deep meaning......moments that touch something inside that makes them remembered...yes remembered. The look on Todd's face when he gave me the gift was like that. The first moment I met Todd was one too. I will never forget it. It was rush of images and feelings.

Back on topic....anyway, I only had the book he gave me with me the other night and wanted something to read. It is called The Forgetting Room by Nick Bantock. He is the author of the Griffin & Sabine trilogy. So I started reading it. It is not bad so far. Not sure why every time I picked it up before I could not read it.

Basic plot.....Armon is grown up...and his grandfather dies and "he inherits the family home in Ronda, Spain and finds himself unraveling the surreal conundrum his grandfather left for him." His grandfather was an artist. And Armon seems to be drawn to his grandfather studio and his past. The Grandfather calls his studio the forgetting room....he says this is where the past is the present. When I read it, I felt this flood of feelings open up. I just shook my head and I am not even sure I can explain why I did. I know why but putting it in words...I am not sure how to do that.

Stopped writing about 11pm...Sir Nick signed on....*big smiles*

Yes, I am a Sir Nick commercial. But he is pretty fantastic. If his work would not be crazy now, things would be just as fantastic as him. Talking to him 2 times in one day..one on the phone and once online. I am not sure how I got that lucky. He said he signed on just to torment me and he did a good job lol

I asked him something I have been meaning to ask him and bring up for a while but not really had the chance....I have been meaning to talk about......the visit. I just stopped being chicken and asked about us planning a visit. He said yes of course we could plan it. :)

We have talked of it before but never "seriously." So, now I hope we are able to. He really needs to find when is a good time in *his* schedule for me to go there or him to come here. He has always talked of coming here, as he wanted me to have a support system, as I am sure it is going to be intense. But with how his work has been I think I will probably be going there.

I am scared. I am going to have to be very careful I do not do things to sabotage us. I did not have time with Todd to sabotage everything happened so fast with him. I had enough time with Kam but it did not work. So far it is not working with Sir Nick either.

I feel so strange....like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am still stunned that I actually heard his voice today.

But very happy I did...

I should write more about the Forgetting Room but I need some sleep. I need to write about it and also the Anita Blake book. It is turning out different.

Good night...

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...