Tuesday, January 01, 2002

Michael Jordan

Music: Jennifer Lopez

WOW I just read about The Wizard's game last night. I wonder if it was on TV to begin with but these are quotes from the article I read on AOL Sports....

"Jordan went to work and nearly set an NBA record. He scored 22 points in a row, part of a 45-point game in the Washington Wizards' 98-76 victory over the New Jersey Nets on Monday night in the MCI Center's annual New Year's Eve game."

"Jordan made 16 of 32 shots and 12 of 13 free throws with 10 rebounds and seven assists. He scored the last 10 points of the first half and the first 12 of the third quarter, single-handedly accounting for a 19-3 run that put Washington ahead 56-45. The Nets never got closer than nine the rest of the way."

"The 22-point streak was one shy of the league record, set by Jordan when he had 23 in a row for Chicago against Atlanta on April 16, 1987. Jordan scored 61 in that game."

"Jordan toyed with every defender who guarded him, from Martin to Richard Jefferson to Van Horn -- and even arched a running 16-foot jumper over 7-foot center Todd MacCulloch. The last basket of the 22-point run was a spin move around Martin that left the defender flat-footed and the crowd gasping."

That would have just been so awesome to see!!!

Jim got me hooked on Michael Jordan and Basketball. After Michael Jordan left the Bulls I watched occassionally. When Michael was with Bulls almost every time they were on TV we watched them. I watched the Pacers for a while after that because I like Reggie Miller. But pretty much he was the only one I liked watching after that....here in Cleveland I just have not had the time to watch them like I did with Jim. Maybe it was because Jim was watching them so that allowed me time with him so I watched.

Babbling as usual....

I am a Michael Jordan fan and wish I could have seen him last night do that last basket!

peace,
danae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...