Sunday, March 14, 2004

Life isn't supposed to be an all or nothing battle between misery and bliss. Life isn't supposed to be a battle at all. And when it comes to happiness, well, sometimes life is just okay, sometimes it's comfortable, sometimes wonderful, sometimes boring, sometimes unpleasant. When your day's not perfect, it's not a failure or a terrible loss. It's just another day. - Barbara Sher

This past week has been a little odd in schedules. Master has been working lots of hours. He has been going in early and coming home late. I know it is part of the job and totally understand. I also know it will get back to normal a few months. I have been just trying to make His time at home relaxing.

Yesterday was fairly relaxing….we had pumpkin bread in bed for breakfast. And then just kind of snuggled and cuddled. Which then ended up with me in a hood getting fucked. : ) In the afternoon we went out to eat and then ran an errand of sorts for Master's work. After that we came home and watched Iron Jawed Angels

It is a movie about the women's suffrage movement. I believe it is a timely movie that somewhat parallels many issues before us today. That this is an election year makes the film all the more relevant. I really liked the movie. I found it very interesting. It combined basically to me a period piece and modern cinema techniques - such as the movement of the camera and the music. I loved the music they set it to because they used Sarah McLachlan, Vertical horizon, Lauryn Hill and lots of other great musical pieces. I have read some reviews that felt the music was inappropriate for a period piece. But I liked it. Because it seemed to connect the past with the present. It seemed to bring some of the issues that were going on in this movie up front. It clearly got across that we should never take our rights for granted. Also how they were treated in the movie when picketing and in prison were things that still go on today...so it is not really a period piece. It might telling a story of a certain period, but the issues in the movie still relevant to 2004...sad but true.

I think the women in the movie did a great acting job. I am a fan of Hillary Swank though so I a might be partial. :) Frances O'Conner was also just great.

It was kind of educational for me because I have always associated Susan B. Anthony with that movement. And I did not really know anything about Alice Paul and Lucy Burns...or most of the other women depicted in this movie.

It is a movie I would see again and even like to have in our collection.

So....what next....

Today I am feeling off - but that is because I did not really sleep well last night. I ended up getting up at 4:44am which bothers me that it was at that time. It is a time I used to wake up at for years. And I don't want that to be starting up again. But I have woke up at that time 2 nights in a row now.

I suppose I should go and make us something to eat...that will tide us over until dinner is ready. I have pork ribs in the crockpot. I just don't know what to make to get us by until then....I am just so off today my brain is not working.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...