Thursday, March 17, 2005

Maintaining Friendships...

Something that has been rumbling around my brain....

A friend (who is in an Owner/property type dynamic) said several weeks ago, "as a slave it is hard to maintain friendships." And I have to say I agree with her. Since being Master's slave I have had more problems in maintaining friendships then before when I was single. It is easily explained as my time is Master's...my duty is to serve Master so everything gets put second behind Master.

Could it be that it is just because I am in a relationship that my friendships have been harder to maintain? Yes, it could be I do remember in previous relationships - power dynamic or vanilla I have been able to maintain friendships better then now in a service oriented one. Could it just geography? Most of my good friends are back in Ohio so yes it could be geography but there is phone and email and I am still now able to even maintain that as well as I know I could if i were single.

Let me add this...Master does not interfere in my friendships. If He felt one was unhealthy, to taxing to me or whatnot, He would step in and say something, but He has not done that to date. So it is not that I can't maintain the friendships because Master is interfering -- that is not the case at all.

It is just that it is my duty and privilege to serve Master and so often there are many things that come before writing emails, chatting on IMs, talking on the phone, or any other thing that helps maintain a friendship.

I have very understanding friends...they understand the dynamic I am in and so understand that when they send me an email it might take several days even weeks to get back to them. And the same goes for me I have friends in similar dynamics and I always understand when they don't write back right away.

Not sure I am making much sense...

I just know that being in a service oriented relationship has made it hard to maintain friendships. That however does not mean I would rather be single and able to maintain frienships. I enjoy being Master's slave and serving Him.

Also here - locally....I don't have "close" friends. We have vanilla friends that, but not anyone in the lifestyle local so I do wonder if or how that will affect me when(if) we ever get local lifestyle friends.

I just know it is seems to me it has been harder to maintain friendships since being in the dynamic with Master.

I am a stay-at-home-slave - but there is always work for me to do. I don't sit around online or doing hobbies all day. My days could be filled always with some kind of project for Master or the household 24/7. So when I am online it is kind of down time and so I just kind of veg - turn off my brain and don't think about that I well I should sign on to see if so and so is on yahoo messenger and I should drop so and so an email because I miss her. I try hard but it is not always my first thought.

So....just a note to friends out there online and real life friends....sorry I don't get to talk to you as much as I would like. Know I am thinking of you! And I will keep doing the best I can and hope you hang in there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...