Monday, November 28, 2005

Life Update

I thought I should do an update since I have been quiet for a bit.

Thanksgiving

We had a nice Thanksgiving. I made cinnamon rolls while Master ran out to get the paper. After I got them in the oven, I called my family to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. It was a nice chat before we got our day on the way. After eating some breakfast, I made a pumpkin pie and then started preparing the rest of the meal even though we decided we were not eating until 5pm. But I made the sides early so that they would be ready to go. I made some crab ragoon also for a mid-day snack to tide us over until dinner. Everything turned out very good. I made a changes to the traditional feast this year and everything turned out really good especially the wildrice and cornbread stuffing. It was very good.

We just spent the day relaxing. Master watched football. I took a quick nap and read a little.

Friday

Friday was not a good day. We woke up with good intentions of going out and taking a drive. So I went in took my shower and started getting ready...I went to the closet to pull my clothes out....and the carpet goes squish under my feet.

So I need to backtrack here some....we have an evaporated cooling system and it needs to be drained and basically put to bed at the end of the summer season. We were warmer later this year so Master didn't put it to bed until the first week in November. The tube that runs the water to the unit is hooked into the hot water heater and then has a shut off valve right in front of the water heater for the cooler. That whole system is behind a hidden panel in our closet....thus the squishing under the feet when walking into the closet.

Master has had problems with the valve in the past -- where it feels like it is shut off but it really isn't. And so that is what happened...the valve broke and water that was still trapped in the piping to the valve decided it needed to come out and did....onto our closet floor. So we had to empty the closet enough to get everything off the wet carpet and moved things out so Master could get in the panel and access the problem.

That is how Friday started off....meant we had to call off our plans and start calling plumbers, blotting up the water, getting the fan going and all the other things needed to start fixing the problem. We got one booked for Saturday morning (8am omg). So we stayed around the house so that we could keep readjusting the fan and monitoring the leak.

The rest of the day also had more hang ups Master and I get in an argument, over something stupid. And then there were family differences. And to top things off.... one of our cats had the 10 o'clock crazies at 9pm and side swiped me - making me fall and twist my back and knee really bad. It hurt a lot on - and made me walk very carefully to bed.

Saturday

We got up early to get things ready for the plumber to be here (ie: take the cuffs and rope off the bed, put away all the hoods and other toys). I made muffins and we hung out waiting for the plumber - he was there on time and worked quickly and didn't cost as much as I thought it would so that was good. After the plumber left, Master asked me if I would like to go on that drive - and I was quickly saying, "YES." It sounded like a nice way to relax after a stressful Friday. I knew we would not be able to totally relax as there are some family issues still out there. Many things misinterpreted. But we talked and I just enjoyed being with him. After we got home I made lunch and we did a few things around the house. We had dinner (chili that I had in the crockpot most of the day) and watched "Passion of the Mind." Master didn't think he was going to like it but did...I had already seen it several times but enjoyed it -- so wanted to watch it with him.

Sunday

Sunday was colder and so I spent most of the day snuggled under blankets. When I have been online this weekend I have been hooked on StumbleUpon. I was pretty obsessive about it yesterday! But I have found some really good links....I will be sharing some in another post.

I felt a little stiff but able to walk which surprised me but I have been having twinges of shooting and aching pain every once in a while. Especially because I was so cold.

Oh also Master bought me a new blouse to wear for Christmas parties. It is silky a brilliant fushia blouse that really is a great color on me even though it is much brighter then I usually grab to wear. But Master liked it a lot so of course He bought it.


Monday

Been struggling with a migraine all day today but did come up with a good stocking stuffer, mini gift idea --- making my own magnetic poetry sets. I bought these sheets that were magnetic on one side and peel back adhesive on the other. I am going to print off words -- all kinds of words and make my own magnetic poetry sets. I can print the word sheets off and stick them on to the adhesive and cut them apart!

I can do them specialized to fit the person....like my one sister is a big history buff I can do all kind of historical figures and words. And my other sister is a teacher and I could do one that maybe she could even keep at school -- that her kids might like too. So just my little idea for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...