Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday - I



~ I ~

inspiration - there is so much inspiration out in the world. Sometimes I don't see it...maybe I don't want to see it. But more and more I see it...and I really do feel it coming to me more in the last year. I am very blessed to receive it and see it all sorts of forms.

Italian food - something we might be having tomorrow night for our anniversary! I really love pasta and just the flavors that come from Italian cooking...olive oil, garlic, basil I think are 3 staples of my cooking. So I am grateful to all the flavorful Italian food I have eaten and hope to eat for a long long time.

identity - I am grateful to know who I am....and not be afraid to acknowledge this is who I am.

integrity - Integrity is something we talk about a lot in the lifestyle and really I became pessimistic about it for a while. I guess though now I do see people who have integrity. And I appreciate them and for giving me faith in people again.

Internet
- Well this one I am thankful for otherwise I wouldn't have been able to be even posting this fine list! I am very thankful for the Internet. I have met some amazing people via the Internet....including Master so I am grateful for it.

intercourse - Sex...well yes I am thankful for sex. It releases endorphins that make me feel great, it gives me touch that I crave, it satisfies sexual cravings and just so many other things....I am thankful for intercourse.

icons - I mean icons on livejournal...an obsession that I started I guess almost 2 years ago. I like creating icons. It is a fun creative outlet....they allow me to express feelings in that little 100 x 100 pixel box

improvement - Always room for improvement and I am thankful for just growing and moving forward.

imperfect
- I am grateful to be imperfect which kind of goes with the above one of improvement. But really why I am listing it is because I don't like things to be perfect. Especially when creating art. I don't measure. I don't want things even and perfect. I want things to just be as is...flawed, messy and beautiful in that.

India ink - I really like what India ink can do on paper. I am thankful for its inspiration, it movement, its feel from harsh to soft.

iconology - The word iconography literally means "image writing." And it something I have always enjoyed. I look at images and try to see their meaning, intent and significance. I especially enjoy looking at the symbols in religious iconology.

ice cream - yum! I am thankful for the cold cream treat! Ben and Jerry's Brownie Fudge is my favorite store bought in a carton. But Cold Stone Creamery is my absolute favorite. And I don't have a favorite mix or flavor I just go with what sounds good in the moment.

(short list I did this list on Tuesday but forgot to post it so posting it Wednesday but back dating it to Tuesday)

1 comment:

  1. Short list, long list, posted Tuesday or posted Wednesday to look like Tuesday, no worries, remember no rules.

    So here it is Saturday and I've just spent a wonderful 20 minutes catching up with you! Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to read "Tipping the Velvet" now I know what to use my Barnes&Noble gift card on. I agree, what's up with hotlinking? I always save what I want to use to my computer, anything else feels like stealing. I don't get it either!

    Yum, Italian food! Integrity is so important in every facet of our lives. Cool, I didn't realize you created icons, I wondered and now I know. I enjoy looking at them, hmmm, maybe I'll give it a go!

    Great list, great posts! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...