Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Keepsake, Upkeep, Keep Up....

OMG Ebay is horrible! LOL Very addictive just looking at it!

I have mentioned my house ornaments* a couple times I believe. Well today I was packing up Christmas decorations** and decided to write down which of the ornaments I am missing....only 2 as I thought. I went to ebay, after quite a lot of searching, found both. One being more expensive then the other. After further research tonight I found out that one ornament I am missing is the highest valued one in the set and now valued over $300. The other one I am missing is more available then the first one I am missing. And priced under retail on ebay but worth just a little more then retail at this time. I have some Christmas money so am thinking of getting the 2 I am missing.

I talked to my Mom today and I mentioned a few things that I didn't really realize that I had never told her but it should have been a duh! She took it reasonably well on the surface but I wish I wouldn't have told her as I know it upset her. It is over and done long ago but she will fret about it again. My ex husband sent her a box of stuff several years ago - the year he was remarrying - and she has always meant to send it to me. She came across it again and is going to send it to me. I do hope it has some missing Christmas stuff from childhood. If it doesn't then that means, they were things that got smashed by someone I was involved with once upon a time. He threw the Christmas tree against the wall knocking it into a table - both ornaments and Christmas decorations were broken beyond repair. And that is what I said to her. And she was clearly upset that person did that to my Christmas things. Obviously I was too - but that is in the past and I can't fix the things he broke. After I realized I upset my Mom, I got upset. Master wasn't home so when he called I pretty much broke into tears and he told me it was okay wished he had been home when she called. He came home soon though and gave me lots of hugs.

Let's see...what else....not sure if there is anything. Master has been crazy busy and that isn't going to let up this month but perks of working from home is at least when crazy busy I get to see him more then when he worked his previous job.

* I have these hallmark keepsake Christmas tree ornaments that are little houses and shops. I don't put them on the tree I set them up as a little village and have trees that I got from things that get for train set scenery

** usually take decorations down the 7th of January but we found out we are shooting a wedding this weekend and so I know I won't have time this weekend and Monday I am sure I will want to crash after running around and being around so many people all weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...