Monday, February 26, 2007

hard to deal with....

Yep more on The Academy. As I said in an earlier post, I started The Academy several times and put it down due to life getting in the way of pleasure reading. But reading it last night made me realize that the last time I put was not only because life was busy but because I didn't want to read it anymore. Not because of the story....it is wonderful and Laura has a way with words that make you feel a part of the story. And all the guest writers are great too! But I put down the book because I didn't want to read about slaves enjoying service. It was during the start of my burn out period and I just didn't want to read about feelings I didn't feel or perfect slaves enjoying service. Even though they are fiction and I could rationally tell myself that...comparison is an evil monster that I still battle with often and as read her words I think of real life people who exemplify that level of service. So I put the book down because I couldn't really truthfully deal with what was going on with me as there wasn't time or energy to address it - at that time. So now I read it and feel the same stirrings that Laura's books have always given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...