Friday, February 02, 2007

Isn't it Romantic....

So if you haven't noticed Master and I get kind of mushy romantic at times. I was thinking about past relationships and birthdays, holidays and other celebrations.

My ex-husband was pretty romantic. He gave me a rose every Thursday for almost the first 2 years we were dating (solid first year - second year became harder because I was away at school but he did whenever he saw me on a Thursday.) He gave me roses, little gifts, notes, cards and such for no special reason. He would call me from work and say, "Hey I think you are beautiful will you go out with me tonight?" And it wasn't a special reason - it just was because he was thinking about me and wanted to take me out. So I would dress up and we would go out and come home and have great sex and snuggle. Okay all great things...but he did have not so good things obviously as he is an ex-husband.

My first long term relationship after my ex-husband was in the poly household that I have mentioned several times. The primary partner and my dominant was a man who didn't like birthdays or holidays for that fact really and I totally understood why as his birthday was on a major holiday. If you have read my blog for any length of time you know birthday's are important to me...not just mine - EVERYONES! Birthday's are a celebration of your life. It is a time to look back, look forward and just count blessings of being able to have lived such a life....celebrating that fact. So, birthdays weren't important to that partner so I didn't get a card, gift or even a Happy Birthday at times. It was really hard for me to accept. But my mindset as a slave was this is his way and he rules this house and me....so let it go. But it always bothered me a lot. Holidays and such were similar but it did change over time because I do kind of infect people with my enthusiasm for celebrations and holidays. Case in point is Master.

Master had been single and lived by himself for many years before he had his girl move to be with him. So I remember our first Thanksgiving. I was asking Master if I could do it up and he kept saying he wasn't sure he saw the need for all the festivities of it that some mashed potatoes and watching the game would be fine with him. To this point though he had tasted all the good things I cooked for him so I put in a request to please let me make a big Thanksgiving dinner and described all I would make. So the night before Thanksgiving - yes the night before he said "yes!" We scoured the town for a turkey that would fit in our oven (because if you have ever shopped the night before you know all the HUGE turkeys are what is left) and we found one and the fixings. I made a pretty table. I made great food and after that I hooked Master on celebrating.

Really he had forgotten how much he liked celebrating with another person. He had been alone so long that holidays and such weren't "special" they were just a day off. And so then his passion for holidays kick-started again...he remembered things he liked to do and plan for them.

Such as...for one of my birthdays he lit lots of candles in the bedroom and then covered the bed, me in the bed, and all the furniture basically in rose petals. It was so romantic and smelled incredible. For Christmas he wraps gifts, decorates the tree, helps make candies and such. We enjoy cider sitting in front of the tree just holding hands and snuggling. We give each other cards and notes just because. Master brings me slushies, chocolate and other things to make me squee...just because he likes seeing me squeal with delight. So,we are just a romantic couple who are Master and slave.

And I think that people think we are odd. And maybe we aren't the norm? I don't know really. But I am thankful that I am with someone romantic and enjoys those romantic lovey dovey things!

1 comment:

  1. Danae,
    Reading about your anniversary and the love you have for one another gives me hope for m and I. People may think the two of you are odd, but in my humble opinion, the two of you should be the rule.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...