Thursday, February 01, 2007

Images and Hotlinking

Okay if anyone is having problems seeing images....on our website or blogs will you please let me know? Or where ever you view them please let me know.

Our webhost now has hotlink protection and we get LOTS of hotlinkers because I make icons. Really it gets ridiculous how many hotlink from myspace and xanga we get snagging our bandwidth. I turned on hotlink protection this week and found out that like if you are viewing something on your friend's page on livejournal - you most likely won't see the images I host through our website - like icons. So it is pain but on the other hand I also think it is worth it for those that do hotlink. I don't get why people can't save to their own webservers. I save all sorts of images I have found on our own servers and never hotlink. Plus there are many free picture hosting places out there now too so it is not that hard to find a place to host pictures. Drop me a line if you are needing a place.

But if you do have problems...would you let me know...I would like to see if there is ways I can get around it so let me know where you are having a problem seeing an image? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...