Monday, October 20, 2003

Music: Frida Soundtrack
Mood: can't sleep - 2:43am
Topic: Frida, insomnia, control

We watched Frida on Sunday evening....

mmmmm what a good movie.

I had seen her art work, but did not know much else about her.

I always felt her art was full of pain. Pain that people go through - but it was almost exaggerated on the canvas but yet real. Not sure that makes sense. It shows real pain that we go through but it shows it in surreal focused images that make sure you don't skip by the pain in them. But they are not surreal...because they are actual moments from her life...just shown in a surreal expressionistic way and I did not really understand fully that they were moments from her life until the movie.

Edward Norton did the rewrite on the screenplay and I would have liked to see what it was like before because how it came out was very good. So many good things...lets see the music is incredible. Master bought the soundtrack months and months ago at a friend's recommendation. The special effects in it are really good - blending the art into the film. The special effects for Diego and Frida's trip to NYC is very interesting. The relationship between Diego and Frida....compelling, passionate, open. The friends - a group coming together with passionate ideas and thoughts. Hearts wanting to have a better place in the world. Trotsky....wow she had an affair with him...interesting. The art of both Diego and Frida..the art and their relationship working side by side was a fascinating...connection.

Here is a website that I checked out tongiht....FridaKahlo.com
And one on Diego Rivera.

Oh interesting...thing also Edward Norton does not get acknowledgement in the credits for writing the screenplay. I am not quite sure why yet. But I have been looking into it while up at this hour.

I can't sleep tonight not anything new....for me not being able to sleep...

It gets very frustrating. It is almost 3am and tomorrow I will be a zombie most likely because I just am having one of those moments where it has been going on for so long that it is going to catch up to me.

I was thinking today about something I have written about...about coming full circle. I am doing much of what I did when I was married. I cook, clean, made sure my husband was happy BUT the difference now....is....control. Master is in control. Jim was in control also but it was not a conscious act - just like me giving Jim control was not a conscious act. With Master it is who He is and how He wants to live His life. He has chosen to seek out someone to control - and that lucky girl is me :) And I have happily given up control to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...