Thursday, May 06, 2004

All Sorts of Odds-n-Ends

Buffy - Into the Woods

I watched Into the Woods again yesterday. It is a Buffy Episode in season 4. The last lines by Xander.....always get me. I cry EVERY TIME I watch it. To see the last line.

Simon Templer - The Saint

When I was in junior high, I would stay up late because they played the B&W episodes on TV really late. I had a big crush on Simon Templer. They are now playing the color version on BBC. Master thinks they are cheesy and they probably are but I guess I just think of them with fond memories. To me Simon was a strong capable man. Anyway, they are playing on BBC again so I am reliving some fond memories of watching them late at night.

Going Out of Town

We are going out of town today and won't be back until Sunday. It is highly doubtful that I will be online while out of town. So no journal updates and if you write me know it won't be until Sunday or Monday before I reply. I seem to have caught the flu though and not doing too good. I hope that I get over it quickly. Or I might not be going.

Sex Industry

"Morality: It's legal to sleep with 10 men in one day for free. It's legal to pay somebody to have sex in a movie. It's legal to have sex with a wealthy man who showers you with gifts. It's legal to marry somebody for money. But in most parts of America, it's a crime to offer somebody sex for money, or to offer money for sex. Does this make sense?" That is from Working Girls.

And I certainly can relate to it on several levels. It does seem silly that I could go out and fuck 10 men but as soon as I ask for money it would be illegal. I would be a slut to sleep with the 10 guys but people would forget about it and get over it. But being a paid - will always label you as a whore and that is "wrong and bad or that you must have low self esteem. There are so many misconceptions on the sex industry. And I heard them all. The people I know from that industry though are far from the stereotypes. I mean some of the stereo types are true but there are so many that are not true. Well I would love to write about the sex industry more. But I probably should keep my words on that subject to a minimum.

Here are some very good blogs on the sex industry (by the way I will probably put some blogs in this category that people will not think are part of the sex industry, but I do). I have been hooked on these for a while.....
Working Girls
My Secret Life as a Prostitute
Belle De Jour
Pussy Ranch
Mistresse Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...