Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Life Update - Wax

Life Upate

This weekend was spent helping Master with a project for work. Not really helping actually just being with Him while He worked, which is better then not being with Him. He has been putting in lots of hours and it won't be slowing down until mid-september. Then besides work Master had lots of phone calls from His family needing help on computer stuff...which again is not a problem it just ate up a lot of time this weekend.

I spent time updating sites where I am the webmaster....umm webslave. And then looked over the final draft for September's essay and then also did October's while I was at it. So I am done for the newsletter for September and October. And November's is started woohoo me! Master had a couple entries on His journal that I asked if He would make into essays but they won't be needed until the first of the year so He has plenty of time to put them into a more formal essay instead of a journal entry.

Master did use me this weekend. I had one of those moments though I just was not into it. And Master did not spend much time getting me into it. So I just tried to please Him and move on. I actually did good at moving on this time and was just happy to be with Him. Next to Him.

We were suppose to have visitors coming through town today or tomorrow but they don't think they can stop now.

Wax

A week or so ago I wrote that Master bought some wax to do wax play.

I got a comment from someone that was burned by colored scented candles. And they have the scars from the burns. I am sorry she got burned so badly.

I thought I would at least throw out the information I know about candles. And let me make clear I am certainly not an expert on wax, but just someone who did some research on candles and wax. A previous Dominant I was involved with enjoyed it and I then helped him in teaching a class on wax play.

What I found is that the additives into the candle are what makes it burn hot. The coloring can burn hotter too, depending on the dyes used in the candles, but usually it is not the coloring that makes it burn hotter. One of the additives that I found in my research that burns hotter is the stearic powder that is added into making candles. Not all candles use it. I found that the white emergency candles that everyone says are good and safe, contain steraric powder most of the time. Of course most candles don't put an ingredient label on them so always play with care.

Candles will also burn hotter if left to burn longer. So if it pools up on the candle and remains near that flame being heated for a long time then that will of course be hotter wax then just letting it pool for a bit and then pouring. One drop being dripped directly from the candle can also be hotter then a pool because the flame has melted that drop just in that moment and so the heat from the flame seems to still be with the drop as it hits the skin. I have also heard that beeswax heats higher but I according to what I had found it was not much of a difference when lighting and then dripping farily quickly.

It is hard to test wax but just be aware of the risk of burning.

The kind of wax we got is the kind for skin and nail treatment. It is by GiGi for those Paraffin Spa Wax Baths. We use it in a crockpot, but of course a crock warms hotter then the spa baths so that is something that needs to be watched closely. I then found little metal ladles to use with it because they heat up nicely so that there is not as much of a wax build up that happens with plastic or wood ladles. We also have plastic table clothes and plastic throwaway drop clothes - both I found at the dollar store. I put a comforter down and pillows and then put the throw away drop cloth down and then add the plastic tablecloths over that so that it is nicer to lay on then the plastic drop cloth. After it has cooled it peels off of the person...it is almost stretchy because of the oils in it. So it does not harden quite like wax from a candle. The Gigi Wax has cocoa bean & soybean extracts in them to moisturize the skin. So it not only is fun to play with but good for the skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...