Monday, December 06, 2004

A Project for Master's Birthday...

Well I have been busy....and thus not posting. Even though of course while I have been busy I have wanted to post several times when I did not have time to sit down and write.

Last night was a very late night for me. I started a project at the beginning of last week, but with being so busy lately I really did not get it done until the wee hours of the night...or morning depending on how you look at it.

So the beginning of last week, I got this idea for Master's birthday. I wanted to 100 Reasons I love him....vanilla type thing so that I could possible frame for Him. Then I thought it would be cool if He could read one a day - so I thought of doing them on slips of paper and putting them in a jar. But then I decided I wanted something that He could have all year around...365. So from the 100 reasons I loved Him spawned a 365 day type inspirational card set.

I typed up in a word document formatted for business cards the 100 Reasons I love him (which actually ended up being 102 because I did not count them until I was already at 102 so just kept it at 102), photography quotes, personal growth quotes, stress tips, love quotes, questions to ponder, things to celebrate, explore, share or unwind with and all sorts of other odds and end kind of quotes and questions.

I then printed them - some on business card sheets, others on colored paper and some on business card size sticky labels. After they were done, I took some and decorated them. And others I just kept white like the business cardstock.

So now Master has a set of 365 inspirational cards and reasons I love Him. It is all vanilla so He can bring it to work.

Here are some pictures....

The little container they are sitting in I have had for a few years never knowing what I was going to do with it, but knew it would be good for something someday. I got it at an after Christmas sale one year. It contained coasters. I used the coasters as candle holders. I then packaged them up with candles and gave as gifts one year to some friends.

I am sure if someone was wanting to do this...they could make or get a paper mache box at a craft store that would fit the cards. And then just paint or decorate the box.



I used rubbers stamps, stickers, ribbon, little drawings with colored pencils, construction paper, colored copier paper, scalloped scissors and those types of things on the cards.



I used different fonts and titles at the top like Unwind, Photography quote. As I said I had all sorts of different types of categories. I got a lot of the quotes from quotes I have saved over the years. But another great source that I found was Power Quotes. They had quotes and then also questions to ponder that go along with the quote. It was incredible place.



A close up of some of the cards. The one that says, "Share: Eat dinner by candlelight"...well the card under it is the how back looks. A collage of paper. The share card was printed off on a label. So I would lay down scrapes of paper that I had from the decorating the other cards and then just lay the sticker down on top of it and turn it over and then fill in the spaces by gluing more pieces.

I will do another post about Master's birthday and other things going on soon...I hope. I do need to do Christmas cards tomorrow. And maybe bake some cookies.

Also I am so behind on emails personal and email lists. I am actually going to unsubscribe from a few lists so I don't feel guilty about not posting to them.

I really wanted to do the Holidailies but I will be gone 2 weeks the end of December so it would not make sense for me to because of that and also just so busy right now.

More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...