Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 in Review

We are home! We just got home today...so this is just a review before the new year....

Happy New Year!

2004 in review

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Gave a speech with Master (January). Went through something with Master's work that I never knew would/could happen to a person (Feb through April). Went to Santa Fe (June). Made some Norwegian goodies (November & December). Went on a day trip where we hit every weather element....rain, sleet, snow, fog, and the sun shining like a warm spring day (which it was).

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make any and probably won't make any for this year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Friend's children did but no one close to me, no but lots of engagements and weddings this past year

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes I did have a few people

5. What countries did you visit?
No countries this year. But some new places in the USA

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
not sure I have an answer for this one.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I am worse and worse over the years about having dates etched into my memory. I have some special memories but not specific dates.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
More organized, more calm and quiet inside then I ever have had in my whole life.

9. What was your biggest failure?
not working on my art more

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yes, but that is a constant in my life and this year I got some things more under control - such as allergies.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
nothing specific comes to mind. We got some new curtains for the living room that I really like. We got a star for our tree this year and a beautiful santa and sleigh.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Master really has worked hard on finding a path to go career wise...and this year I think He gotten closer to it and I am proud of him for putting all he does into his passion. And I know this year will be even harder work for Him in that area but I know He can do it!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
my own on many occasions, 12 people who made a decision I could not believe, my parents for not accepting my sister being gay

14. Where did most of your money go?
to Master. I did not make much money this year but Master got it all but let me spend it on me and presents for Him and others.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Santa Fe

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
I don't think one song will remind me of 2004...maybe Can't Help Falling in Love because of a family wedding this past summer.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? I am not sadder but I really enjoyed having Christmas just with Master last year alone and this year was a little more busy and so it makes me sad but not unhappy. I love my family and miss them terribly but I think it would be nicer to visit them when it was not a holiday.
II. thinner or fatter? thinner! :)
III. richer or poorer? about the same I think

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
more art, more exploring my spirituality

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
expectations

20. How did you be spend Christmas?
with my family in Minnesota

21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
already in love but just keep falling deeper it seems

22. How many one-night stands?
none

23. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
The West Wing, Celebrity Poker, Long Way Round

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
not hate

25. What was the best book you read?
The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lisa Gerrard and Karunesh

27. What did you want and get?
more peacefulness, more calmness

28. What did you want but didn't get?
more time and energy for art

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Fahrenheit 9/11 and Hidalgo

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was a really wonderful birthday....Master woke me up with a rose petals all over the bed creating a rose petal blanket. I was 37

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Bush out of office

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
warmth...seemed like I was cold a lot in 2004

33. What kept you sane?
Master and friends

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
just the whole election this year stirred me for so many reason which I listed.

35. Who did you miss?
Moni, my family

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Venture and shadoe

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you earned in 2004:
it's okay to be where we are at

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't think this sums up on my year but for tonight....this night of the year it does. It is not only an anniversary for me but it is a night of past reflections..going over past years. I was explaining to Master earlier that some things seem so faded like I can't remember them anymore. It scares me. It seems like I will remember them different. And that scares me too. But at the same time things that were once in my life...people, things, memories don't matter like they once did...and other things do matter more.

There are places by Beatles

There are places I remember
All my life
Though some have changed
Some forever
Not for better
Some have gone
And some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends
I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life
I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one
Compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love
As something new
Though I know I'll never those affection
For people and things
That went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life
I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things
That went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life
I love you more

Oohh ...

In my life
I love you more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...