Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Rant....

I am a little frustrated with all the anti-valentine's and anti-romance that I have been reading on various blogs and elist. It seems that because you are Master/slave then you can't enjoy Valentine's Day. Now granted we don't go all out with all the novelty valentine's items out there but normally we do try to do at nice dinner and cards for each other...just holding hands enjoying each other company...and maybe throw in some kinky fun too!

But I hearing/reading that Valentine's equals vanilla...romance equals vanilla...love equals vanilla. If Valentine's is so vanilla to people in M/s relationships then what about the rest of the holidays...aren't they vanilla too? Do you stop celebrating everything just because you are in a Master/slave relationship? We are who we are....period. Why try to make it seem like because we are in service that we can't be romantic if that is something we enjoy?

I understand that Valentine's Day is just another commercial holiday, but you can make holidays meaningful and personal to you. Just like Christmas is very commercial but we try to do traditions to make it ours and keep the magic of Christmas alive around us. Master and I are romantic people. His ideal Valentine's would be...going off to a condo, snow falling outside, a roaring fire inside, snuggling up in front of it and enjoying a bottle of wine. I love the idea making him heart shaped cookies and leaving him love notes. So what is wrong with those things?

We love each other and I guess I am frustrated because lately it seems so many people tend to say...."if you love each other then you are not M/s...." or "if you enjoy romance then you aren't Master and slave..." "...ewww you can't celebrate Valentine's that is vanilla."

Okay the end of my Valentine's Rant!

4 comments:

  1. Loved your rant!
    & I noticed the same thing tomight while I was Blog-surfing! I know I love the Hell out of my Master & He me! & in my expeience that love has taken out M/s to levels I doubt we would ever reach without it! Love your blog & your site, nice to see there are still a few real people left out there!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you & yours
    respectfully,
    Neaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rant, danae! Way to go!! I agree with you 100%. I read many of the anti-valentine's day stuff myself on other blogs. Master Anakin took the day off so we could spend it together yesterday and we did all the romantic stuff. I'm a true romantic at heart. I'm a slave too. I really don't think being romantic is vanilla. I think it's wonderful!!
    I love this post!
    BIG HUGS
    padme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing is, as much as my past has led me to not care for the holiday itself, I just do not understand how being romantic can mean that one is not M/s only vanilla. We have pots and pots of romance mixed in with M/s so that would mean that we cannot be M/s? Wow. And to think all this time I was doing it wrong!

    I can appreciate that there may be people who prefer to keep M/s in a non romantic way, but just as their way isn't the only way, neither is mine. If that works for them then what the hay ya know. I agree, being told that something I do simply cannot be done, well, that irks me too! Lovely expression of feelings.

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  4. neaya and padme, glad I am not alone in being sick of the anti-valentine posts.

    magdala, I am totally with you that there is LOTS of ways to do this thing that we do. And I have friends that don't want love to be a part of the M/s and I can truly understand that. I just get a little irritated when i am told if I celebrate Valentine's then I am vanilla...or that love makes me vanilla instead of a slave. I want to ask those people if they celebrate any holiday? Do they not any vanilla activities? We are Master/slave but you know we do vanilla things also as Master/slave.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...