Monday, February 05, 2007

Colonial House

Tonight after watching Colonial House (only one episode left) Master and I were discussing the episode. And so Master starts to say, "Would you...." and before he could get anymore out I said, "nope!" He replied that was the quickest I have ever said no before. And so he asked me why I wouldn't want to do Colonial House.

I love watching Colonial House. It is interesting to see how people are dealing with it. To think about that time period especially after tonights episdoe where they had a Native American Indian tribe visit them and really put in their face what was done to Native Americans.

So although I am enjoying watching and thinking about that time period. I know I wouldn't make it.

  • meat having maggots but scrapping them off - eating it (when I told Master this one he laughed and said, "yes expiration date girl would have a problem with that" - I am big on expiration dates.)
  • flies flies flies - there are flies on everything
  • use of chamber pot - with layers of skirts - sorry it makes me wonder how they didn't get their skirts in it
  • the living all in one room
  • a toothbrush - someone was brushing their teeth with a piece of wood in the last episode
  • just the hygiene in general squicks me when I think about it too long
  • the rules of the time period - I think I might have some problems with too...yeah


I am sure there are many other things that I am missing but I am thankful for the people that got us here although not happy how they did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...